Notices

Day 3 drinking

Old 03-21-2017, 02:39 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day 3 drinking

Yup, 2.5 years and then I pick cans up on Sunday........then again Monday and again tonight. Like slipping on a pair of familiar shoes and realising there's a load of holes in them.

Anyone thinking about picking up alcohol again and thinking it will be any different than before please read this- do not do it!!

I'm learning a valuable lesson here, hell has started up again. It's gonna be a job to come out of it again but it's the only way to get peace.

I'm frustrated for caving in so easily, almost like I used the excuse of relationship breakdown to drink, how daft as it's only magnifying the issue.

I worked out after work tonight and ate a good meal- I have that at least.

Pure evil this stuff, pure evil
Old 03-21-2017, 02:52 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Wow, sounds a little like my relapse. 1.5 years, and poof! On holiday, not having much fun, got annoyed with my spouse who was getting irritating/irritated. Watching all the merrymakers laughing and enjoying themselves. That was six months ago. Finally pulling the plug AGAIN. We can do this Stevy84.
Old 03-21-2017, 05:34 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Good on you for realizing so quickly Stewy......and also for the workout and good meal. Glad you stuck around here and loads of support for you.
Old 03-21-2017, 05:38 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

Stewy when you read this, go back and read some of your old posts...look how long you struggled with depression etc after your last drink.

It was brutal.

You can stop this BS right now today.
I hope you make that choice.

D
Old 03-21-2017, 05:54 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I am so sorry to read this, Stewy.

Please pour out the cans now; there is nothing of value in them; drink a couple of glasses of water; go to bed and try to get a good night's sleep.

Firmly recommit to sobriety. Keep working out; pull out the tools in your toolbox and put them to use.

We are here for you.
Old 03-21-2017, 06:01 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Administrator

Stewy, now is the time to get rid of the alcohol and start over again. You can get past this.
Old 03-21-2017, 06:09 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

We're with you as you begin again, Stewy. You already know it can never be worth it. Now you'll be even more determined.
Old 03-21-2017, 06:15 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Keep posting. Support to you
Old 03-21-2017, 06:28 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Try and sleep tonight and start fresh tomorrow. We are all here for you.
Old 03-22-2017, 02:59 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Although my relationship has not worked out as I hoped, I really miss my girlfriend right now. Despite things being bad at times there were nice times too.
I honestly wish I could put things right......think it might be pretty much impossible though, there is still a lot to sort out as we joint own the house (I've gone back to my Mum and dads this week)

I'm shocked as to how quickly I fell back into the same destructive habits after drinking that first can on Sunday- it was like everything took a back seat and drinking alcohol was the priority, I struggled at work today and will every day when I drink. I need to stop right now, I did nearly 2.5 years, I've proved I can beat it and I can do it again.

The sad thing is that the majority of the time I've been in this relationship I've been hooked on either alcohol or junk food- if only I would've kicked those habits and fought for my relationship instead of succumbing to cravings. I have my girlfriend to thank for actually sticking with me through stuff but I think it frustrated her eventually...

Junk food, alcohol, gambling, drugs- there all off limits for me but if I'm honest I've abused at least one of the above at any one time in the last few years. It feels like there's a void where the addiction should be- sounds sad but it's true for me at the minute. I suppose I need to learn to do without and find healthier pastimes.

The last 2.5 years has been junk food which replaced alcohol so In a way I haven't really addressed the underlying stuff going on in my brain when trying to stave off cravings. It's a battle in my own head and I'm losing a little right now
Old 03-22-2017, 06:21 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Administrator

From what I remember of your posts the relationship wasn't so great and hadn't been for a long time Stewy.

Sometimes things end for very good reasons?

Maybe this is the Universes way of telling you it's time to spend a little time on yourself working out those deep seated underlying things?

D
Old 03-23-2017, 01:44 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Do your best

Hi Stewy I'm really sorry for your recent troubles. All I really know is drinking is not helping you one bit - you know that

I really hope you stop drinking as of now my friend