Notices

Thankful

Old 03-20-2017, 08:48 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Thankful

Originally Posted by DisplacedGRITS View Post
i understand that. i look at my friends on Facebook and so many of them have beautiful babies and lovely houses and careers. i'm sitting here in a rental unit with no baby, no job and a house in Alabama that's either going for a short sale or going to be foreclosed on. but my life is my life and i am grateful for what i have. we can't compare our lives to other people's lives. life just doesn't work that way. sure, we struggle with alcoholism but we can only imagine what other people struggle with that we don't even know about. abusive spouses, money problems, illness in the family, mental illness....the list goes on an on. some people even struggle with things they haven't even identified yet. at least we know our demon and are dealing with it. don't push yourself too hard or too fast in your recovery. by building a solid base, you make the rest of your recovery strong. we have time. your life is yours to live so live it your way. you should be proud of yourself right now. not everyone who suffers from alcoholism identifies their problem and decides to face it. many, many people deny it to their grave. in that respect, you're already ahead of the game. so many out there would look at your life and envy what you have right now. be proud and grateful for what you have. you've earned it.
I feeling so touched by just few comments I just saw here. I am in a different recovery program, have an amazing sponsor and co-spouse with somebody else. Thank you for putting out there your wise words, they gave me so much hope. I need to remind my self of the recovery process and be gentile and patient with myself.