Notices

Day 6

Old 03-19-2017, 01:16 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day 6

I started off feeling great. Almost a week feels so good. Last night my husband talked about drinking and how he was 1 day sober and trying to support me. Today he went to Costco and came back with a bottle of wine and tequila. That made me feel so sad. I feel like his words mean nothing. I immediately left the room and started typing this. Right now I feel sad about him bringing booze home more than the temptation to drink. I also feel bad that he suffers from addiction too. I'm not going to let my guard down. I've gone 6 days and I'm starting to feel better and don't want to throw away all my hard work to better myself. I'm just going to be reading on the forum a lot today in addition to keeping busy. I won't let this control me and break me.
Old 03-19-2017, 01:21 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Wishing you peace and resolve.
There is so much support and wisdom to be found here.
Old 03-19-2017, 04:33 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

We have to run our own race I think and look after ourselves & our recovery - hopefully your husband will eventually decide to join you CKnopf

D
Old 03-19-2017, 11:53 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I'm still holding strong. I know it may not have been the right words per se, but randomly I told myself, "this is his problem, not mine". Something about that helped me. I was able to focus on myself and all my hard work. I told him how I felt. I know we all have to change when we are ready. It still really messed with my head when I saw the alcohol. Well, on ward and staying strong.
Old 03-20-2017, 01:52 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

support offered
Old 03-20-2017, 04:57 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I'm going through the exact same thing with my husband. I'm disappointed he can't be more supportive of me and proactive in quitting for himself.
Old 03-20-2017, 08:39 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
AA Member

just for today

Old 03-20-2017, 09:24 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Re-Member

How are you doing today, Cknopf82?
Old 03-20-2017, 12:27 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Doing great today. 1 week today I'm sure the range of emotions the first week made yesterday's situation tougher for me. I've been thinking about myself and what I have to do for me. I have to say that I'm still a bit disappointed in my husband. In addition to the bottle of wine and tequila I found several other bottles hidden around the house while I was cleaning. Looks as if there was nothing in the house and he had to restock. Well, hopefully in time he will decide to join me and choose sobriety. For now, I'm working on changing my habits and checking in here for support. Thanks again everyone <3
Old 03-20-2017, 12:35 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Cknopf82 View Post
Doing great today. 1 week today I'm sure the range of emotions the first week made yesterday's situation tougher for me. I've been thinking about myself and what I have to do for me. I have to say that I'm still a bit disappointed in my husband. In addition to the bottle of wine and tequila I found several other bottles hidden around the house while I was cleaning. Looks as if there was nothing in the house and he had to restock. Well, hopefully in time he will decide to join me and choose sobriety. For now, I'm working on changing my habits and checking in here for support. Thanks again everyone <3
Seven sober days is fantastic! It sounds like you are handling things well. Best wishes for both of you from me. Your sobriety is up to you. It sucks that he is not ready for the same journey, but you can only work on you. Maybe your example will "click" something in him.
Old 03-20-2017, 12:38 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

My husband and I began recovery together (this time) close to a month ago. I recently thought that he slipped and began drinking again. Initially I felt angry because he didn't tell me, then sad because he was probably suffering, hence he felt the need to cave in.

After a "meeting of the minds" together, I learned that he didn't slip. I decided that he has his recovery, and I have mine. I cannot save him from falling back into the s***** lifestyle we were living before we decided to get sober or keep reminding him of how terrible he is going to feel if he starts the cycle all over again. All I can do is set an example of what life looks like when I'm my best self: sober, healthy, happy and hopeful.

Hang in there and try to stay focused on YOU! It's hard to do when you love someone and I'm finding that I need to stay mindful every day that I cannot do this for him. He's a "big boy", he will find his way.