Notices

50 Days

Old 03-18-2017, 08:15 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

50 Days

Hello there! It's been probably a couple months since I've been to SR, but not because I'm hiding. It's actually been 50 days since my last drink! In all honesty, this very well might be the longest stretch of sobriety for me since I started drinking in the fall of 1995.

I checked myself in to intensive outpatient treatment. I've got a few weeks left of that and then move down to low intensity. I've also been going to AA every week for the past few weeks and absolutely love the fellowship and the wonderful people in my squad. It's weird for me to say this, but I look forward to going. I even volunteered to lead a meeting on open discussion night (we alternate open discussion and closed step meetings every other week).

I've gone from hating the thought of life without alcohol to loving the prospects of a healthy, happy life going forward. The obsession to drink is slowly leaving me, and I'll realize here and there that I've gone half a day or so without thinking of alcohol. Might not seem like much to some, but it's a big deal to me, and a welcome sign of progress.

I want to thank those here who encouraged me during my many false starts. I have a long way to go, and a lot yet to learn. I'll never stop learning and growing, in fact. But I'm very hopeful and thankful for my sober time. So, thank you all! You can't imagine how much I appreciate you, despite having taken an extended break from SR.

Oh, I forgot to mention that I also have my Dr involved in my recovery. I'm trying to attack this on multiple fronts. For once, I'm looking forward to my next appointment next month. I want to show her I'm actually making progress!

My family is also very supportive. It's great to have them on board and no longer lie to them all the time. That terrible, horrible lying. So glad that's done with.

So, anyway, that's about it for now. Just wanted to check in and say hello. I'm not sure how much I'll be here, as my recovery is on a different path at the moment and is taking up a lot of my time. I try to give as much of my remaining time as possible to family. But I will try to pop in here and there. I hope everyone is doing well. Peace!
Old 03-18-2017, 08:23 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Great job on 50 days! My recovery keeps me pretty busy also but I still like to come on here and read and check in. Good luck on your new journey of sobriety. Stay strong!
Old 03-18-2017, 08:43 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Congrats on 50 days of sobriety, SoberLifeForMe; you sound fantastic.

Keep on!
Old 03-18-2017, 08:44 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Congrats on fifty days sober! Keep going, it gets better.
Old 03-18-2017, 09:01 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

That is great, SoberLife. Congratulations!
Old 03-18-2017, 09:05 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Thank you! I feel so much much better physically, mentally, and spiritually. I look forward to things getting even better!
Old 03-18-2017, 09:48 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

50 days is quite an accomplishment! Congrats SLFM!
Old 03-19-2017, 09:22 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
AA Member

Originally Posted by SoberLifeForMe View Post
I've also been going to AA every week for the past few weeks and absolutely love the fellowship and the wonderful people in my squad ... I look forward to going.

thats my experience also

great job on 50 days!

Old 03-19-2017, 10:22 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Great job. You should be proud
Old 03-19-2017, 12:17 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Oops! I meant I've been going to AA every week for the past few months, not past few weeks. Either way, I really enjoy it. Thanks for the encouragement!
Old 03-19-2017, 04:32 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Congrats on 50 days! That's fantastic.
Old 03-19-2017, 04:39 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Administrator

Congratulations SLFM

D