Nah get out of here and take your disease with you

Old 03-17-2017, 08:32 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Nah get out of here and take your disease with you

Today is a good day a great day in fact. I have been to a meeting this morning and only looked at my AH FB page once. 😂😂

I am a codependent and a recovering alcoholic/addict (sober 2 years) I am AA and Alanon. My husband is still using.

In 12 years he has left over 20 times to return to his mums for a binge holiday ranging from 1 night to 4-6 weeks. I to stop the excruciating pain it causes me have took him back every time. Since I got sober his alcoholic outings have increased. We have now been separated 4 weeks and he's still out there saying he'll get help soon when he's ready ( he said that the last time then did 2 meetings and dropped his sponsor stating he now was not alcoholic 😩&#128512 yet he's still drinking and gambling.

I usually hold the fort cry helplessly and end up calling and saying ' come home' he always does as that's what he was waiting for, me to initiate it so he doesn't have to face any consequences. Press the reset button and round we go again.

Well this time I don't text or contact him, my sponsor says he thinks it's the same as any other time and he'll be thinking 'oh just a few more days and I'll be back with my ass back on the sofa, my dick between her thighs and our pet dog giving me my masterly attention' well this time he's wrong.

I've packed his stuff up and now have extra room for all the new clothes I'm going to buy myself. I've returned his credit cards through his mothers letterbox and moved the direct debits for them from my account to his. I'm attending AA and Alanon. Yes I had a bad day yesterday. But now my strong days are very strong.

I know my worth. The love, affection and loyalty I have to offer. I'm not wasting my life anymore having a conversation and clockwork sex with a disease that resides in a shell, that is my husband. I'm going to get strong and healthy. I'm going to be the beautiful creation God intended me to be. I'm going to give my love to my daughters, friends and others in need that deserve my help and don't want to suck the living life out of me?

Will he get help? Hope so for our daughters sake. Will it matter to me if he doesn't. No

I take back control of my life, I reserve my love and give it to me.

One day I'll get that question from him after another binge. I can hear his self pitying voice now. ' can I come home?'

My reply: NO
Old 03-17-2017, 08:39 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Sober since 10th April 2012

Good on you Suzy. Are you ready for when he starts pleading to come home? Maybe makes some promises, turns on the charm? Acts like he needs rescuing?

His Mum must have a very high tolerance for BS. I know my children wouldn't be welcome in my house for a booze holiday.
Old 03-17-2017, 08:44 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Wow! What a great attitude! Sending you strength.
Old 03-17-2017, 08:45 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

***** Suzy.

I hope today goes well. Take care of yourself.
Old 03-17-2017, 09:01 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

That's the way Suzy!

Do you have face to face support for yourself?? The best thing you can do for your daughter and yourself is maintain your own sobriety. Congratulations on that hard work!

Hugs to you, stay strong!
Old 03-17-2017, 09:03 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Old 03-17-2017, 11:47 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Yay Suzy!!!!
Old 03-17-2017, 12:01 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

What an inspiring post! You show that, with some work, we can change and improve our lives. Thanks!
Old 03-17-2017, 12:29 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by FeelingGreat View Post
Good on you Suzy. Are you ready for when he starts pleading to come home? Maybe makes some promises, turns on the charm? Acts like he needs rescuing?

His Mum must have a very high tolerance for BS. I know my children wouldn't be welcome in my house for a booze holiday.
I'm ready. Muscles flexed, lipstick on. NO MORE. Enough is enough xxx
Old 03-17-2017, 12:30 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Thanks

Originally Posted by timeforme View Post
wow! What a great attitude! Sending you strength.
❤️❤️❤️
Old 03-17-2017, 12:31 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by NYCDoglvr View Post
What an inspiring post! You show that, with some work, we can change and improve our lives. Thanks!
I'm going to keep working at this. It works. You get stronger x
Old 03-17-2017, 12:32 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

You go, girl! Keep it those boundaries strong. You will be fine. Better than fine!
Old 03-17-2017, 12:46 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
under new management

Wow, suzyontour, what a fantastic post!!!

:
Old 03-17-2017, 01:40 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Suzy,
Congratulations on taking your life back!!!

How are you going to do this? Is your home marital property? Can you keep him out of the home? I would recommend reaching out to an attorney asap, because you never know what an angry drunk can do.

Stay safe my friend!!
Old 03-17-2017, 03:00 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  
A work in progress

Powerful stuff! As maia says, be sure to protect yourself and your interests in the meantime.

Hugs and congrats on taking back your life!
Old 03-17-2017, 04:25 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Suzy = Rock Star!!

Great post, for sure. Wishing you a fantastic new life.
Old 03-19-2017, 09:44 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Love it! reminds me of the attitude my XAH had when I left. Stay strong- he thought I would be back. He played a lot of games but no contact helped and writing down all the ways he abused and used me helped me stay away.
Old 03-19-2017, 11:05 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Yay! Wtg you! Im in early days of seperation too,4 weeks now i think. My now xah also did the whole binge holiday thing too,except this time was more of a holiday for me!
I went shopping for new clothes,new make up,caught up with friends id not seen in ages and then thought,ughhh he'll be messaging to come back soon. That,and reading here,told me all i needed to know and i was done.
Keep them muscles flexed girl and make sure that lipstick is the perfect shade of f you! Good luck to you xx
Old 03-20-2017, 11:20 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by juju48 View Post
Yay! Wtg you! Im in early days of seperation too,4 weeks now i think. My now xah also did the whole binge holiday thing too,except this time was more of a holiday for me!
I went shopping for new clothes,new make up,caught up with friends id not seen in ages and then thought,ughhh he'll be messaging to come back soon. That,and reading here,told me all i needed to know and i was done.
Keep them muscles flexed girl and make sure that lipstick is the perfect shade of f you! Good luck to you xx
Stay in touch with me on this lets see how are recoveries develop. Let's get excited xx