Go Back  SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information > New to Addiction and Recovery? > Newcomers to Recovery
Reload this Page >

On St Paddy's day, remember, YOU are a ROCKSTAR! A SUPERHERO, yes, YOU!

Notices

Old 03-16-2017, 04:08 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Mini Novel Post Writer

Good Morning Everyone,

Anyone reading this could be at many stages of the end goal, true recovery. Maybe you're still lurking, maybe you've posted but are still having a hard time not drinking/using. Perhaps you've had short winded bouts of abstinence but keep going back and then return. Or, maybe you have reached the point of acceptance and are maintaining recovery and visiting here daily.

Whatever above is the case one thing is true. Then entire subject line, YOU, my friends, are ROCKSTARS and SUPERHEROS. The easy choice is to go back and take that drink or do that drug. The hard choice and the hard fight is to not, but we can do this together.

The fact that you came here, that you're trying, that you are aware that change is necessary is a huge undertaking. The fact that you are here shows exactly how strong you are and are fighting to be.

The holiday at hand is a tough one for many of us. For some insane reason it's used as the excuse for many to bounce off the walls and indulge in stupidity.

So, as this weekend approaches don your cape with me and remember one thing, YOU are a SUPERHERO and this CAN be done. We can all get past this holiday together!

What are your plans for this weekend??
Old 03-16-2017, 04:24 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Thanks LadyBlue! I'll be working in my garden with my kids, then a birthday party for one of my son's school friends. Saturday evening we will celebrate father's day early (here in Italy it is this coming Sunday). On Sunday we have my children's grandmother's birthday lunch. Nice, busy weekend. No booze for me for sure.
Old 03-16-2017, 04:46 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Better when never is never

Thanks for this post! I don't know how I got lucky, but neither St Paddy's nor New Year's Eve never appealed to me as drinking days; probably some twisted sense of alcoholic superiority on my part.
Old 03-16-2017, 06:26 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Mini Novel Post Writer

Sounds a whole lot better than the disaster it used to be Mera!

Jazzfish, indeed, I used to call New Years "Amateur Night".

I don't think many realize that the fact that they made it here and are even just questioning there may be an issue is huge. Stop and give credit for that. There are many out there still in denial who are on a rocky road to a bad ending.

We, however, are here doing the good work to get better. I know we get down about how we were but this was meant as a gentle reminder that what we're all doing is fantastic and deserves some positive thinking because of it.

Remember, this weekend, we are able to leap past thoughts of drinking or using in a single bound! As long as we don our capes there will be none of that
Old 03-16-2017, 10:16 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Thanks for this post, Ladyblue!
I actually don't really notice holidays like St. Patty's day so it's not much bother to me.
I'll be hitting some meetings, cleaning and organizing. Kind of like what I do every day
Old 03-16-2017, 02:47 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Administrator

D
Old 03-16-2017, 02:51 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Great post. Plan on watching my bracket crash and burn.

You are my superhero!!
Old 03-16-2017, 02:53 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

I am picking up a brisket to make corned beef and cabbage! At home. No need to go out and about. It is in fact a major drinking holiday here...
Old 03-16-2017, 04:39 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Great post LadyBlue.

I have beened banned from wearing spandex by the United Nations General Assembly "an affront to all of humanity" - Antonio Gutterres.

I will not be drinking this weekend though.
Old 03-17-2017, 08:46 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Happy St Patrick's Day LadyBlue!!
Old 03-17-2017, 08:49 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Meraviglioso View Post
Thanks LadyBlue! I'll be working in my garden with my kids, then a birthday party for one of my son's school friends. Saturday evening we will celebrate father's day early (here in Italy it is this coming Sunday). On Sunday we have my children's grandmother's birthday lunch. Nice, busy weekend. No booze for me for sure.
My Grandparents are from Caramonico. Is that anywhere near you?
Old 03-17-2017, 09:00 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
FBL
non-drinker

So happy to celebrate my 8th consecutive sober St. Paddy's Day!