New 21-Day Meditation with Deepak starts April 10

Old 03-13-2017, 07:13 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

New 21-Day Meditation with Deepak starts April 10

So get yourself registered! These kinds of series were especially helpful to me when I was first learning to meditate, but they are really wonderful no matter how advanced you are. And you can't beat FREE!

https://chopracentermeditation.com/l...%20News2017313

Dear Fellow Meditator,

Eradicate fear and doubt.
Renew a sense of trust and optimism about your life and the world around you.

Registration for our BRAND-NEW 21-Day Meditation Experience, Hope in Uncertain Times is now open!

Join us on a unique meditation journey to connect with your personal power in a way that lets you embrace uncertainty as an opportunity to grow and evolve.

It all begins 4.10.17 - for free. Log in now to sign up!

Blessings,
Oprah_Deepak_
Old 03-13-2017, 12:50 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Thanks for the heads up, FireSprite--I thought I had subscribed for notifications of new events, but I didn't know about this.

Heading over to sign up right now.
Old 03-13-2017, 01:22 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

Thanks, Firesprite!

I've done several of Deepak's Meditation series and they are great!
Old 04-10-2017, 12:44 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Today is Day #1 of the new 21-day meditation series.

Luckily, my reminder email came in early this morning & I was able to rearrange my morning & make this one of the first activities of my day.

If you're interested in learning meditation - this is a wonderful way to do it.
Old 04-19-2017, 10:27 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Days # 5, 6 & 9 - holy crap you guys! This is like THE meditation series for Codependents..... all about healing self-trust.

It is NEVER too late to join in!!
Old 04-20-2017, 03:18 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

It looks wonderful, I will join when I get back from a busy morning and take time to actually meditate while I am there.

Thanks for the heads up.
Old 04-20-2017, 07:19 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Hi Firesprite. I have a question. How do you actually access these in that do you have to do it at a certain time of day, or it is something you can do on your own time frame?

Also, it is via computer or is there an app for it??

Sorry, I am not very techy LOL.

Thanks!
Old 04-20-2017, 07:31 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Hey Hopeful! I use my smartphone most of the time so that I can listen with headphones to block outside noise going on in the rest of the house. I log in via the website since I didn't want to use memory on my phone storing the app in between these free events. (but there is one available) I also use my laptop sometimes.

You have 5 days to access each day's meditation. So on the first day (not sure what time they load, sometime after midnight EST I believe) I can access Day #1.
On Day 2, I can access #1 and/or #2.
On Day 6, the first day falls off & I can access days 2-6.... and it keeps sliding forward like that. Today I can use days #7-11.

This is the first time *I've* managed to check in daily (so far) - I usually fall behind here & there & play catch up when I can, sometimes doing 2 in a single day like a Saturday morning/evening combo.

I hope this helps, let me know if you have any more questions!
Old 04-20-2017, 07:48 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Damn.....missed a lot of it but I think I'll jump in. Thanks for the post about it. I thought I was on the mailing list for notifications. Seems like I get all kinds of marketing emails from Deepak, but nothing about this. Oh well......have a good day!
Old 04-20-2017, 07:58 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Thank you Firesprite!

Readerbaby....it makes me happy to see your name on the boards!!!! I've missed you!
Old 04-20-2017, 11:20 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Another thought for you hopeful - this is easy enough for your youngest DD to use to get an idea of what meditation is all about too. (I know we've talked about it possibly being a tool that can help with her anxieties)

These run approx. 20 mins - it's a 2-3 min intro from Oprah, a 4-6 min intro from Deepak Chopra & then about 10 mins of actual meditation..... so there's no trying to sit still & mindfully for lengthy periods. It's part of why I think this makes a great beginner's tool when learning to meditate. (also because he uses mantras and gives wonderful explanations behind each day's focus)
Old 04-20-2017, 11:34 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

That is a great idea FireSprite, thank you!!!! We will give it a go!
Old 04-21-2017, 06:57 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Well, I signed up for this and gave it a try last night. I really liked the talk ahead of it, but I have to say, once it started I fell asleep!!! I will try again tonight and try to stay awake!
Old 04-21-2017, 08:29 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Oh yeah, I only JUST stopped falling asleep every single time I meditated, lol!! I forgot to warn you about that.

It's ok - this takes tons of practice & there's no doing it "wrong", not really.

A lot of people think you need to be able to fully empty your mind to meditate, but in reality it's the opposite - it's about opening it & acknowledging those thoughts but not focusing on them. Kind of like, "yeah, that's important, I'll think about it later though..."

Someone once described it like imagining that your thoughts are like billboards while you drive your meditation down the highway. You don't stop & inspect every sign as you pass it; you see it, file it away & keep moving forward.

It has taken me YEARS to get to a point where my mind is not flooded with activity from the moment I start to quiet down - in the beginning it was straight chaos up there, lol. Now it's far easier to slip into that blank space because I know I'll be right back in reality soon enough.

I also don't see recognizable benefits every single day because it's so subtle - more like I think, wow, I really stayed patient when I thought I might lose it! What IS noticeable is when I fall out of practice & don't meditate about 3x per week just to maintain..... I notice intolerance & impatience & general dissatisfaction with everything when I'm not making this space for myself.

So, how did you sleep??
Old 04-21-2017, 01:13 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Sounds interesting - I missed your original post about this firesprite and I've probably missed too much now?
Do you think the course will be repeated?
Old 04-21-2017, 02:16 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Hummer, you can still sign up b/c it lets you go back some days. I just signed up yesterday!

Firesprite, glad to know it's normal to fall asleep LOL! At least it was peaceful rest, so that was a big positive. I am going to keep working on it b/c my counselor is an avid meditator and says how much I need to do this for me!

Thanks for sharing!!!
Old 04-22-2017, 03:21 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Thanks Hopeful, I've been away but will get started today as soon as I get home
Old 04-22-2017, 05:57 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Yes, join in anyway. No such thing as too late IMO. Just start with the oldest available day & work forward at your own pace. I've fallen too far behind & had to skip days or accidentally repeated days when I've lost track. It all still worked toward helping me build the habit.

While this series isn't likely to be repeated (they'd prefer you buy it on DVD/CD), they do one of these 21-day free events a few times a year & one of us generally posts about it. If you get registered this time, you should receive emails in advance of the next session - I think they notified us via email about 4 weeks ahead of time.

When this ends, there are countless meditations also available on YouTube, etc. We could start another thread to share our favorites, I know honeypig has shared some great Louise Hay ones in the past & I've got some other Deepak ones that I always cycle back to.

Happy Meditating Folks! Namaste!!
Old 04-22-2017, 06:25 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by hopeful4 View Post
Thank you Firesprite!

Readerbaby....it makes me happy to see your name on the boards!!!! I've missed you!
I've missed you too. Glad to be back.