Meditations

Old 03-08-2017, 05:08 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Meditations

Can someone answer: Is it ok to post links to free meditations available on you tube? There are a few that have helped me so much, and I would be happy to share.
Old 03-08-2017, 05:53 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I would love that. We have had meditation links before, I believe. If it's not okay, I am sure admins would let us know.
Old 03-08-2017, 05:55 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Ps: I just downloaded the Calm app to my ipad. It has meditation, soothing sounds, breathing exercises. Some are free. Some are subscription.
Old 03-08-2017, 09:22 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

The first two I am sure of. The first is only ten minutes and I play it every morning. Alarm goes off, I hit snooze for 10 minutes, and play the meditation. The second is about walking along the beach. The third, I'm not positive if I'm attaching the right link. I'm at work, and can't play it now to be sure. If it's the right one, it talks about finding yourself in a cave, you're carrying a shopping bag. There's also another I would like to share, but I have to find it. You imagine your own sanctuary, a safe place you can "return to" whenever you need.

10 Minute Guided Meditation to ease Anxiety, Worry, and Urgency | Soothing | instant Calm | POWERFUL - YouTube https://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=...&v=xoYnqvadurg

A Meditation for Stress Relief & Anxiety: Walk Along the Beach Guided Meditation Visualization - YouTube https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=wDYOenLmVTg

GUIDED MEDITATION - Banishing Depression - YouTube https://m.youtube.com/watch?list=PLu...&v=2nV-v8zXpH0
Old 03-08-2017, 09:27 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Thank you for these! I will listen later.
Old 03-08-2017, 12:34 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Thank you for sharing those. The general rule is that it's okay to link to sites that are mostly for helpful information and not to sell things (although most sites, even SR, do have some sales but the main purpose is just to share good stuff).

Links to informational, inspirational, and educational sites not related to products or services are permitted when they are posted by someone without any "vested interest" AND whose purpose is NOT to solicit, advertise, promote, fundraise, etc. This includes links to outside agendas that are outside the scope of our main purpose, which is recovery from addicitions and recovery for friends and family members.
It's okay to post links to inspirational messages and videos but not sites that are purely sales oriented.

Hope I got it right, and hope this helps.