Old 03-07-2017, 04:16 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Angry Leave Anger Behind

Tuesday, March 7, 2017

Leave anger behind
by Ralph Marston

When it comes, let anger get your full attention. Then even more quickly, let it go.

Time you spend being angry is time you’ll never get back. The energy you devote to anger, to resentment or frustration, creates nothing of value in your life.

When you give in to anger, you give up control. When you act out of anger, you’re letting someone else dictate those actions.

Let the anger inform you and motivate you. Then move beyond that anger before it hurts you, before it leads you to make foolish, costly choices.

Whatever has angered you, don’t make it worse by letting it dominate your awareness. Step back, take a breath, remember how much good you can do when you chose, and turn in a positive direction.

Feel your goodness, feel your values, feel the positive, creative power you possess. And leave the anger behind as you make the best of what’s ahead.

© 2017 Ralph S. Marston, Jr.
From The Daily Motivator website at The Daily Motivator - Leave anger behind
Old 03-07-2017, 04:22 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

They say that holding resentments/anger is like drinking poison and expecting the other person to get sick. It will hurt me far more than it will hurt anyone else.

This was a hard lesson for me to learn, It's not that I have a short fuse or anger quickly, on the contrary I am a very patient, understanding person who can accept most situation or simply change them or change me.

But when I am angry, I can hang on to it, running it all through my mind and getting angry all over again each time that I do...and I have a heck of a time letting it go.

But I have learned that the sooner I take the lesson and park it some place good, I am better to move on and let go of my need to grasp the anger and wring it to shreds.

Taking pause is a good start. I can tell myself that I will be angry later but for now I am going for a walk...time diffuses the extent of my anger passion and often reduces it to an annoyance.

Anger management is not just for those who are out of control...it's for those of us who hang on to our anger until it eats us alive.

Just for today I will work on my own anger management, and practice forgiveness and release the pain to the universe while i get on with living a wonderful life that has no room for resentments.

Hugs
Old 03-07-2017, 11:39 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Letting go of anger is a most difficult challenge for me. Sometimes I visualize the anger or resentments as rocks. They pile up and pile up in a box. Eventually I push that box over a cliff and into the ocean.
Old 03-07-2017, 12:06 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Good timing, Ann - I needed to read this today.

MC - If it's okay, I will borrow your visualization. I don't think I have a grasp on what I'm angry about or resenting until something comes up and reminds me. Maybe putting them in the box will enlighten me and then I'll shove them off the cliff!
Old 03-07-2017, 01:35 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Originally Posted by Maudcat View Post
Letting go of anger is a most difficult challenge for me. Sometimes I visualize the anger or resentments as rocks. They pile up and pile up in a box. Eventually I push that box over a cliff and into the ocean.
Oh, I love this, Maudcat!! What a wonderful way to acknowledge the anger, and then put it someplace ready for disposal...over a cliff sounds just about perfect! Geronimo!!! There goes my resentments! Yes, I love this.

Old 03-08-2017, 04:44 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Thank you, Ann and other posters. What you share helps remind me that I can choose to lift the cloud that surrounds me when I'm filled with anger and then once I move on, truly find peace and be productive.
Old 03-08-2017, 05:01 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Maudcat View Post
Maudcat, I often listen to guided meditations on You Tube. I don't know if it's ok to post a link here, so I won't. There are a few I really like wherein your problems/worries are symbolized as small rocks that are left behind on the shoreline after you've found peace or packages in a heavy bag that you've been wanting to put down for a very long time, etc. Reminded me of what you've written.