Notices

100 days of healing....

Old 03-03-2017, 03:02 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

100 days of healing....

I wanted to write this thread as I feel i need to give back and help others and if one person gets something from this then Iam happy.

I was severely addicted to alcohol and it had become such a serious problem with my behaviours and actions I was starting to worry I wound die well before my time and loose the most important thing in my life my little girl. I was 60lbs over weight and suffering from depression and anxiety.

You can read a few of my old threads and they are watered down to see it was not pretty!!

The day I finally decided to quit alcohol for good was just like any other hungover day accept the anxiety/withdrawels where getting unbearable and the suicidal thoughts where lasting longer.

The weeks Leading up to me quiting I had found out my long time partner was seeing someone else whilst we was still together, the relationship was finished long ago and very toxic but it increased my drinking massively.

On that morning of 20th November 2016 I had a moment of clarity and it was that if I don't stop drinking today/now I will never ever become the man I was ment to be I will never reach my full potential and I have already wasted so many months drunk or hungover that I will never get back!
I also had the realisation that I may end up in serious trouble over what my partner was doing if I continued to drink!

So just like that after all the years and years of struggle I finally accepted and surrounded to the fact alcohol had me beaten and from that surrender I found my strength.

It was extremely hard the first few weeks but i got to a lot of Aa meetings and they really helped in the early days give me support and something to do in the evenings I also started listening to motivational talks whilst walking my dogs and doing light work outs. I started eating cleaner and cooking healthy dinners and eating at 5pm every night that helped with the cravings. I watched movies and started drawing pictures i talked to old friends on the phone I went to the cinema on my own even tho I was full of anxiety I still tried to do new things to keep occupied. During all of this my now ex was trying her hardest to bring me back to the madness as she is still an active alcoholic but that made me even more determined to stay sober.
After the first month i started looking better and feeling better I was loosing serious weight too.

I moved out at about 6 weeks sober to a nice calm environment funny enough my anxiety returned but the cravings had got a lot less intense.
I started eating vegan and mediating and making smoothies i started to attack my anxiery and learn ways to get over it.

So now Iam over 100 days sober I have lost 60lbs in weight I look and feel 10 years younger i mediate and practise yoga I cut out meat nearly completely and i finnaly feel Iam on the path to becoming the man i always should have been. Iam not saying Iam fixed or life's perfect I still struggle with anxiety and my mad head lol but the desire to drink has gone and my addiction broken and for that Iam so so grateful.

So to anyone out there thinking they can't get sober i managed to during one of the worst times of my life and if I can do it so can you. We all have it inside us and we are all stronger than we think. Don't give up on yourself give it one more go!!! I believe in you.

Onwards
Herc
Old 03-03-2017, 03:25 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Fantastic post Herc! Congratulations on 100 days and the weight loss.

I hope your ex partner can get sober soon too.
Old 03-03-2017, 03:31 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Awesome!
Old 03-03-2017, 03:46 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

Really glad to read this Herc - congrats!

D
Old 03-03-2017, 04:00 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

Herc, it sounds like you're doing really well!
Old 03-03-2017, 04:07 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Great post Herc, very raw and honest. Great job on 100 days.
Hope things are good with your little girl now you are sober.
Best wishes to you.
SB
Old 03-03-2017, 04:15 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Great post! You should be proud.
Old 03-03-2017, 04:16 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Old 03-03-2017, 04:36 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Great post.
Old 03-04-2017, 02:52 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Well done Herc 🎉🎉🎉 x
Old 03-04-2017, 03:15 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Great post!

Originally Posted by Hercules View Post
I wanted to write this thread as I feel i need to give back and help others and if one person gets something from this then Iam happy.

I was severely addicted to alcohol and it had become such a serious problem with my behaviours and actions I was starting to worry I wound die well before my time and loose the most important thing in my life my little girl. I was 60lbs over weight and suffering from depression and anxiety.

You can read a few of my old threads and they are watered down to see it was not pretty!!

The day I finally decided to quit alcohol for good was just like any other hungover day accept the anxiety/withdrawels where getting unbearable and the suicidal thoughts where lasting longer.

The weeks Leading up to me quiting I had found out my long time partner was seeing someone else whilst we was still together, the relationship was finished long ago and very toxic but it increased my drinking massively.

On that morning of 20th November 2016 I had a moment of clarity and it was that if I don't stop drinking today/now I will never ever become the man I was ment to be I will never reach my full potential and I have already wasted so many months drunk or hungover that I will never get back!
I also had the realisation that I may end up in serious trouble over what my partner was doing if I continued to drink!

So just like that after all the years and years of struggle I finally accepted and surrounded to the fact alcohol had me beaten and from that surrender I found my strength.

It was extremely hard the first few weeks but i got to a lot of Aa meetings and they really helped in the early days give me support and something to do in the evenings I also started listening to motivational talks whilst walking my dogs and doing light work outs. I started eating cleaner and cooking healthy dinners and eating at 5pm every night that helped with the cravings. I watched movies and started drawing pictures i talked to old friends on the phone I went to the cinema on my own even tho I was full of anxiety I still tried to do new things to keep occupied. During all of this my now ex was trying her hardest to bring me back to the madness as she is still an active alcoholic but that made me even more determined to stay sober.
After the first month i started looking better and feeling better I was loosing serious weight too.

I moved out at about 6 weeks sober to a nice calm environment funny enough my anxiety returned but the cravings had got a lot less intense.
I started eating vegan and mediating and making smoothies i started to attack my anxiery and learn ways to get over it.

So now Iam over 100 days sober I have lost 60lbs in weight I look and feel 10 years younger i mediate and practise yoga I cut out meat nearly completely and i finnaly feel Iam on the path to becoming the man i always should have been. Iam not saying Iam fixed or life's perfect I still struggle with anxiety and my mad head lol but the desire to drink has gone and my addiction broken and for that Iam so so grateful.

So to anyone out there thinking they can't get sober i managed to during one of the worst times of my life and if I can do it so can you. We all have it inside us and we are all stronger than we think. Don't give up on yourself give it one more go!!! I believe in you.

Onwards
Herc
Thanks so much for sharing! Your story is an inspiration to me!