Notices

Ug- When Does Your Gut Start to Feel Better?

Old 03-03-2017, 02:33 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Ug- When Does Your Gut Start to Feel Better?

I'm not looking for medical advice. I'm just wondering. I'm sure others have had a similar experience, right?

I'm day 12 sober (actually only three glasses of champagne in the last 34 days or so). Still my gut just hurts like hell. This has to be related to the whole "leaky gut" alcohol thing, I'm sure.

I'm trying to eat healthy and I'm exercising.

I've googled and googled, but can't find any ideas . . .

So I'm wondering . . . when does this start to feel better?
Old 03-03-2017, 02:44 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Sounds like your doing everything that should help, but if you are still having serious problems, I'd suggest checking with your doctor. Don't know how heavy your drank before that, but for me, it took around two weeks, maybe a little more to feel better. I've never heard of a leaky gut problem but I do know alcohol can really tear up our digestive system. I wouldn't put it off and check with your doctor. John
Old 03-03-2017, 02:53 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Thanks. Of course I should see a doctor. But I'm not gonna do that.

I drank A LOT. I was an everyday, all day drinker sometimes. Certainly a binge drinker for many, many (15 years and more?).

I really want to give my body time to heal itself before I see a doctor. I just really don't like doctors. And I'm afraid of someone prescribing me something when my body has the ability to heal itself. Plus no matter how many times I tell doctors I drink too much, they always seem to brush that off. I just really don't like doctors.
Old 03-03-2017, 03:06 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi Milly

everyones different I guess...but my gut problems were basically over by day 12.

If it is concerning you, seeing a Dr is the best bet - it could be something minor or something more serious like gastritis.

You just won't know until you get it checked out.

I understand the fear but wouldn't it set your mind at ease to know?

D
Old 03-03-2017, 03:50 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by milly4me View Post
Thanks. Of course I should see a doctor. But I'm not gonna do that.

I drank A LOT. I was an everyday, all day drinker sometimes. Certainly a binge drinker for many, many (15 years and more?).

I really want to give my body time to heal itself before I see a doctor. I just really don't like doctors. And I'm afraid of someone prescribing me something when my body has the ability to heal itself. Plus no matter how many times I tell doctors I drink too much, they always seem to brush that off. I just really don't like doctors.
I really do understand your concerns about doctors. If I followed the advice of some doctors like getting surgery on my back problems, I'd probably be in worse shape than I am. Turned out all I needed was to stay active and exercise. All I can say is that 15 years of binge drinking can cause some really serious physical problems that only a doctor can work with. The body has an amazing ability to heal itself and maybe that' s all you need, But if your dealing with extreme pain; maybe relying on nature to take care of your problems is not realistic. Maybe just ask for a complete checkup letting them know your drinking history and see what that shows. Look at it this way. You don't have to follow their advise, but you will have a better idea of what you are dealing with. Nothing to lose, unless you are worried about what they might find (no offense intended) John
Old 03-03-2017, 03:59 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Administrator

I agree with the above comments. Maybe time is all you will need to heal your body, but maybe not. My stomach problems were gone by 12 days, but if yours persist, talking to a dr might be a good thing to do. Congratulations on your sober time!