Notices

This is just for you

Old 03-03-2017, 07:04 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Trudgin

This is just for you

Eliminating alcohol from our lives is not an easy thing for us to do, it can be very difficult at first. However, the old habits can indeed be altered and new habits can become quite natural.

There is Hope!

Most of use didn't get here on a winning streak. We weren't bopping on down the magnificent mile thinking gee guess I'll pop into a recovery forum and spread some cheer. Typically just the opposite was our experience.

The message I was lead to share today with the newcomer is that wherever you find yourself at this moment - however deep in the hole of despair you may be - you are not alone. There is a way out of the clouds and into the sunlight, I promise!

There is Hope!

Most here are nothing special in terms of making the decision to change. We simply had enough pain for enough time to become willing. That truly was the spark that lite the fire which now blazes the trail. I am so very grateful that trail was lit for me when I got here. Others had laid the ground work on SR and all I needed to do was follow the path.

I ask those who are struggling today or new to sobriety to consider changing - just for today. Follow the path of others, it can be your path as well. Think of the good that you may bring to yourself and loved ones by stopping drinking. Ponder the sunlight that you may freely absorb every after with us.

Come and grab onto Hope, join US - we've been waiting for YOU!!

Old 03-03-2017, 07:12 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Great motivational stuff, Fly, thank you.
B.
Old 03-03-2017, 07:25 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Old 03-03-2017, 08:17 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

What an excellent post F l B. I personally believe very much in what you said here: We simply had enough pain for enough time to become willing.
Old 03-03-2017, 09:34 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Trudgin

Originally Posted by thomas11 View Post
What an excellent post F l B. I personally believe very much in what you said here: We simply had enough pain for enough time to become willing.
You are among those friends here who have lit the path for others! Well done
Old 03-03-2017, 04:39 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Thank you FlyNBy.