Advice needed please

Old 03-02-2017, 05:17 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Advice needed please

My on and off again bf has just come out of a 28 day program. I was so happy about him coming home. When he would call me while he was there he would tell me he loves me and misses me which was so nice.
I am confused now he has been home for a week and i know its all new and adjusting to a new life but he seems more closed off to me now. He made new friends in rehab which is great but he just doesn't seem as comfortable with me as he does them.
Im wrapped he has friends but is this normal?
He did tell me he feels he can open up to them more then he can me and when i said i understand that but it disappointed me a litle because i want nothing more then for him to be open with me and to try help him.
I am sober and have gone through so much from him and he finally has taken the steps to better his life and now it feels like i shouldnt be apart of it? Im sorry if i come off selfish but i just want to know if anyone has been through a similar situation and how you delt with it?
Old 03-02-2017, 09:45 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

It is very early days in recovery for him. He is going to be all over the place emotionally.
I don't have much experience with rehab, but from reading on this site and others, it sounds like your situation is not uncommon.
I believe that things go the way they are meant to. Give your SO some time and see what unfolds.
Rehab isn't a miracle cure, as I am sure you know. It helps to give people the tools for living drug or alcohol free. The really hard work starts after rehab, back in the real world.
Good luck. Keep posting. Lots of support here.