Notices

Still don't get all this message board stuff

Old 03-01-2017, 10:58 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Still don't get all this message board stuff

I have tried to post and or reply on this site, however, this is the first time I've come close, I'm not going to type a lot because there is no post button. I have to ass-u-me something. But I guess the rest of the world knows just how to use this type of system.
Old 03-01-2017, 11:00 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

It seems I had to post here first. for what ever reason I don't find this a way I wish to comunicate, it is ineffective except as a rant type work out. It seems I should take a message board and where is the spell checker class.
Old 03-01-2017, 11:04 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi Tony

It depends on what kind of device you're using...but whatever you did it seems like it worked

Welcome aboard - you post, and people reply - thats pretty much it.

you'll get used to it in a day or two - but if you're unsure bout anything, just ask

D
Old 03-02-2017, 12:49 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Welcome Tony,

I think you need to have a minimum amount of posts or "likes" before you have full access to reply to messages.

Hope you keep coming back.
Old 03-02-2017, 03:20 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Whatever it takes - just for today.

Hi Tony and Welcome to SR. What brings you to SR? If you are looking for support then this is an excellent forum.

If you're having a bad day - post. If you're having a good day - post. If you don't feel like posting you can just read. There are members online 24/7 so there is always someone to 'talk' to.

If you are needing support I hope you'll stick around.
Old 03-02-2017, 03:27 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Administrator

Originally Posted by Done4today View Post
Welcome Tony,

I think you need to have a minimum amount of posts or "likes" before you have full access to reply to messages.

Hope you keep coming back.
Let me clear up some misconceptions

You can post and reply to messages immediately, post a blog or use the chat room as soon as you sign up.

It's only some of the other facilities of the site, like private messages and posting links, that require certain post counts.

There's no 'like system' here like FaceBook.

No one counts your thanks

The thanks button has no other function but thanking someones post.

Dee
SR
Old 03-02-2017, 04:57 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Thanks Dee for clearing that up.
Old 03-02-2017, 12:54 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
AA Member

welcome tony

Old 03-02-2017, 01:21 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome Tony, I think you will find it worth it to stick around here.
Old 03-03-2017, 11:43 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Hey Tony, are you still around? Posting is pretty easy. When you "click" on a post, like this one, you then scroll down to read other posts. At the bottom there is a box labeled "Quick Reply" where you can type a new message. Then scroll down a little further and hover over the white box labeled "Post Quick Reply" and click that and your message will post. I think you figured that out as you have two posts, but sometimes if gets confusing if your computer screen is small or you are posting from a phone, you can't see all the "buttons" to click and all the posts on one screen, you have to scroll a bit. Would love to see you post again. And, as an aside, as a fellow alcoholic I totally get getting frustrated and annoyed over stuff like this! I used to want to throw my computer across the room if something didn't work, or bang my washing machine door shut if it tried to close on me while I was pulling the clothes out! Everything got on my nerves, I was tense and miserable all the time. Now that I'm sober I can take the irritations of life a little bit easier. Not to say stuff still isn't annoying, but I just deal with it better. (computer s&*t is the WORST though )