Notices

I think I'm done, day one...

Old 03-01-2017, 09:23 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

I think I'm done, day one...

Just hoping I can get through day one without problems, I'm so desperate to get out of this hell I don't want to wait to taper, detox etc...

I've been drinking up to 2 bottles of wine a night, think I last had a day off a month ago. I'm so exhausted by it all.

I used to have an app for this, why can't I find it now?

Help 😰
Old 03-01-2017, 09:35 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
All is Change

Don't know about app. Know about hydrating and keeping up nourishment and rest. Keep posting.
Old 03-01-2017, 09:53 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Yes, hydrating and quiet time. You may detox whether you like it or not. It will get better with time. Simple proteins, scrambled eggs, yogurt, etc., when your body will let you. Watch some dumb TV and chill, as much as possible. It sucks, but you can do this.
Old 03-01-2017, 10:29 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Drinking is exhausting.

Such a relaxed feeling to put the bottle down forever.

Like Grymt said - lots of water. Even when you're not thirsty.

Stay strong,
Bruce.
Old 03-01-2017, 10:33 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

The app is no longer supported bit annoying at first but you do get used to the mobile site on your phone, I did anyway.
I hope you can stay stopped with drinking, I truly do.
Back in November I couldn't go a day without wine and if I did go a day it was because I had obliterated myself the day prior.
You can do this, it is possible to stop reach out for help and accept it. Often easier said than done but so worth it.
Old 03-01-2017, 11:27 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Administrator

I do remember how frustrating and exhausting it was to try to moderate and try to cut down. I think you will find that stopping drinking is really much easier. Be sure to contact your dr if you have concerns about the detox. I hope you stay close to lSR and continue to read and post.
Old 03-01-2017, 11:35 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Anna View Post
I do remember how frustrating and exhausting it was to try to moderate and try to cut down. I think you will find that stopping drinking is really much easier.
This EXACTLY! I have spent close to a year trying to moderate and it was exhausting. All the calculating how much to drink and mini goals of only drinking X amount of time; etc....I thought quitting altogether would be the hardest part, but I'm starting to think it's so much easier just not to drink at all.

Amazing, really!
Old 03-01-2017, 12:37 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

one question silly as it might be.. how do you drink 2 bottles of wine in an evening.. so not good liquid for your body .. for your heart for your run to the bathroom every 20 minutes.. ... ekkekekek if I made it thro a glass that was it.. just have to be a bit silly ... are you part sponge????? sorry but my cold is going and the clown is feeling better... prayers and hugs for a better and less wet tomorrow..
Old 03-01-2017, 12:49 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Glad you are back and ready to get free, fuzzy. We are with you!
Old 03-01-2017, 03:23 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Administrator

I think I'm done
don't think...be FF

Old 03-01-2017, 03:27 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Welcome! I'm in the two bottle of wine club too. Day 1 today (again) . I hope we can support each other..x
Old 03-02-2017, 11:25 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Thanks for the support guys, day 3 today! I made it through yesterday, went to an AA meeting at lunchtime, it was a bit rubbish, everyone apart from 1 bloke was like 5 years sober and just talked about their cataracts, hip replacements and heart murmurs and all thanked god for AA and dealing with it sober... I just thought "your life sounds rubbish" the one bloke who didn't speak but obviously wasn't sober was shaking violently in the corner drinking Coke and I overheard him telling someone his rehab placement should be ready next week �� not sure if I recommend going or not, I might try a women's meeting next Tuesday night?? So Day 3,, sleeping broken but not horrendous oh and just to surprise me I've lost 10lb since January, most of which probably fell off this week due to lack of wine! I'm going to see a spiritual healer next week because my mind really is open to anything!

Oh and I could drink a bottle of wine in like half an hour, the next bottle in an hour, then black out and go to bed, fun, eh? £15-£20 gone in 90 minutes ��
Old 03-03-2017, 07:16 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Congratulations on Day 3, Forever.

It's getting better, right?
B.
Old 03-03-2017, 08:14 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by foreverfuzzy View Post
Oh and I could drink a bottle of wine in like half an hour, the next bottle in an hour, then black out and go to bed, fun, eh? £15-£20 gone in 90 minutes ��
Day 2 for me today. I can relate to this. I often go to the shop thinking I'll get just one bottle and be sensible tonight. 30 mins after opening it it's gone, and I'm traipsing back to the shop for more!! Then it's bed, hangover, guilt, and then I do it all again the next day!!

Keep going. Sounds like you're doing really well.
Old 03-08-2017, 05:50 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Still doing good, am feeling so much better.

Have managed by some miracle to stop caffeine and alcohol at the same time so am sleeping like a log, already, just 7 days later.

Amazing how one can go from drinking 120+ units a week and telling yourself you'll NEVER be able to stop, don't even THINK about it.... to just stopping and life actually feeling OK....???

I'm not suggesting everyone should just stop but I'm so glad I did. It's a relief to be off the hamster wheel and to wake up without the panic, dread, fear and self loathing is just bliss : ))))))
Old 03-08-2017, 07:43 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by foreverfuzzy View Post
Just hoping I can get through day one without problems, I'm so desperate to get out of this hell I don't want to wait to taper, detox etc...

I've been drinking up to 2 bottles of wine a night, think I last had a day off a month ago. I'm so exhausted by it all.

I used to have an app for this, why can't I find it now?

Help 😰
Go to your favorite buffet (I like Chinese) and absolutely stuff yourself for a late dinner tonight. Even at the height of my drinking, I didn't feel like drinking if I was stuffed.
Old 03-08-2017, 01:31 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  
Administrator

Glad you're doing well FF

D
Old 03-08-2017, 02:12 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

7 days is a huge accomplishment. I'm back on day 2 so feeling pretty crap about that but am going to keep trying to try. Well done
Old 03-09-2017, 03:26 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Well after writing that message yesterday I had to stop at the supermarket on the way home from work, what did I do? Decide I'd really like some red wine, bought 2 miniature bottles. Got home, put them on the work top (am NOT hiding it from my husband anymore...)
He said he was really disappointed, I'd done so well, etc etc... He said "do you realize if you have these then you'll buy more tomorrow and then more the next day till you're drinking the same amount again?"
I was quiet.
He said "well, do you?"
I said "yes, history does tend to show that would happen doesn't it, take them away : (((( "
He took them away.
I watched TV, had a hot chocolate, slept like a log, woke up glad I didn't drink them.

Day at a time....
Old 03-09-2017, 05:17 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Nice work on being honest with yourself and your husband FF. That is huge! Not hiding, because part of you wanted him to say something and give you a kick in the pants. And you listened. Good job for ignoring the AV. I'm so proud of you!! I'm newly sober myself (but not new to sobriety.) Your story inspires me!