Notices

3 days in for the hundredth time

Old 02-28-2017, 02:34 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

3 days in for the hundredth time

I've been a heavy drinker for 22 years. Made so many bad choices, spent all money I've made and been let go from numerous jobs. I'm also an extreme bi-polar sufferer and high anxiety disorder patient. I take many RXs for these diseases. Obviously, my drinking is in big part to these mental conditions. I currently work in a bar, which will be ending ASAP. Day 3 has been rough. Just getting over my last round of alcohol poisoning and I believe it is the last one my body can take. It is certainly the last one my 4.5 ya old relationship will take.

I have never joined a forum when trying to get sober, but I have never been so scared either. Have isolated myself in my house and am marathon in TV. I find it is about a week into sobriety is my weakness, so I'll keep writing and reading. Thank you.
Old 02-28-2017, 03:43 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

May this be your last ride on the crazy train.
Old 02-28-2017, 04:08 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

It has taken me countless attempts at quitting to get it right. I have to take it a day at a time and remain vigilent. You're story has reminded me today why taking a drink is a bad idea.

Reading here and posting everyday has allowed me to accumulate 41 days. It can help you too. Welcome.
Old 02-28-2017, 04:10 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome and this can be your last try at sobriety because you can do this. It sounds like you're ready.
Old 02-28-2017, 04:11 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Welcome, Jlg! It's great to have you here. This is an encouraging & friendly place.

I was lost when I came here years ago. I didn't have any expectations about what a forum could do for me. The longer I was here, the more I opened up. I found I wasn't alone anymore - everyone understood & had the same feelings I did. That really calmed me down & gave me the confidence to take action. We're with you -and we know you can do this. Congrats on your 3 days.
Old 02-28-2017, 05:00 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Nice to meet you jig,
I tried to quit so many times. More than I can count. I was really scared too when I came here. I posted and read every day. I still do.

Things aren't nearly as scary anymore. You can get there if you really want to. We are are to help jig. Glad your here.
Old 02-28-2017, 08:24 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Why is day 3 always so bloody hard? I'm on day 3 today and the cravings are intense. This is also my 100th day 3
Old 02-28-2017, 08:37 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Welcome Jlg! This forum is incredible, the support here helped me to finally make sobriety stick. You may want to join the March class, you will have the support of others who have committed or recommitted to sobriety this month. Here is the link
http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...-part-one.html

Another good thread is the 24 hour thread, you can check in each day and make the commitment to stay sober. You will find lots of amazing people in this group!http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...art-215-a.html

Glad you are here!
Old 02-28-2017, 08:39 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Day three was always rough for me, too. I gave in so many times despite my best intensions.
For me, it was feel better, look better, hangover gone and 'Hey" I can drink again!
Didn't consider myself an alcoholic because I didn't drink every day. That would change with time.
I came here, I went to AA ad met and read about people gong through the same thing I was. The insanity of the first drink. After that, in my latter days, who knew where it would end. Three days sober turned into four days drunk, then most every day.
You're wise to realize you may have a problem now, because, believe me, if you're anything like me, it can and will get worse.
Stick around here. Go to AA if that's up your alley and remember what that last drunk was like the next time you feel like drinking.
I'm bipolar, too, so I can relate.
But with perseverance we can recover. There is help here and in AA.
Best to you, and I understand.
Old 02-28-2017, 10:02 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Thanks to everyone's support. It really means a lot. I'm already teetering but with this type of dialogue, I t him I'll remember that last bender but not with self-hatred, with forgiveness to myself. It will take a while for that self-forgiveness due to the amount of damage I caused but it's another journey. Sobernunn...keep it going. Looks like we are on a parallel journey. Feel free to write me anytime and I will look into those blogs recommended. TI'll day 4...
Old 02-28-2017, 11:30 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi and welcoem jlg

I spent entire days on this site...it was that or drink and start the nadness again. Day by day things got a little easier - it will be that way for you too.

Use the support here - anytime. It's 24/7

D
Old 02-28-2017, 11:31 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi and welcoem jlg

I spent entire days on this site...it was that or drink and start the nadness again. Day by day things got a little easier - it will be that way for you too.

Use the support here - anytime. It's 24/7

D
Old 02-28-2017, 11:42 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Welcome!
Isolation is tough...I get it ....I do it...
Working in a bar....Holy cr@ppola glad you are on your way out of there!
I spend a lot of time on this site...I feel like I post often. With each response and experience it helps to see various ways to heal.
I am actually thinking of writing a book! Not sure I will act on it...but thinking about it. Have some goals. Don't wait too long ...4.5 yrs ??? I spent over 20 yrs and wish I would have gotten out way earlier. I found myself in quite a pickle! Drunk and codependent. WTF! Hope to see some more posting from you...