Notices

New faces

Old 02-24-2017, 03:52 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

New faces

It has been a wee while since I posted , no excuses other than I have been pretty down for a few weeks but still sober ( I think about 9 weeks ).

I see quite a few new names / people here so I wanted to say to you new guys . Keep coming here and get a plan to stay sober whether its AA or joining a keep fit club or walking group or whatever . The sober days will lead to weeks months and years one day at a time . Once you realise you have a drinking problem and resort to heavy binging /alcoholic behaviour it usually means you have crossed that invisible line and please believe me once you are an alcoholic you are always an alcoholic , you can NEVER drink normally again , no exceptions I know through bitter experience . If you keep going back out drinking it will kill you and as it does your family , wife ,husband ,children ,business, job , will all suffer . Unless you arrest the monster your life will go down the gutter to the sewer in the most horrible way .

I wish you all well in your recovery .
Old 02-24-2017, 04:21 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Mini Novel Post Writer

Hi Thomas, great post!

I know there are some here who cringe when they see this but it made a lot of sense when my therapist said it............and it made me laugh. If we can't laugh at ourselves what's the point?

"A cucumber can become a pickle but a pickle can never be a cucumber again."

Once you cross the line there's no turning back.
Old 02-24-2017, 05:03 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Thank you, Thomas!
Old 02-24-2017, 05:12 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

Good to hear from you Thomas - glad to hear you've hit around 9 weeks...and thanks for the message

D
Old 02-24-2017, 05:58 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

hi Thomas

congrats on 9 weeks
Old 02-24-2017, 08:47 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
AA Member

heres a chip for ya

Old 02-24-2017, 10:43 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I think I'm just angry at this diobolical addiction because my son is in jail and lost nearly everything . I'm just so gutted for him and guilty that I might have passed my stinking drinking habits onto him at a young age either by learned behaviour or genes , I could scream ,i want to die some days , I am not dealing with life very well just now . The main thing is I am not interested in drinking but thats all that seems to be good everything else is crap.