Notices

Post ante vos pick sursum Weekender 24-26 Feb

Old 02-23-2017, 01:52 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Post ante vos pick sursum Weekender 24-26 Feb

The last few opening posts have been quite earnest in tone. This week's is less earnest but no less sincere. This thread was sometimes referred to as the Whee-Kenders thread in it's early days in honor of SR member Weasel1966 (Ken) who, along with fellow member Mecanix started this thread some years ago.

Weekenders is about making it through the weekend without drinking or using, nothing more, nothing less. In early recovery every day is tough but the weekend, with all its pitfalls is just that little bit harder for some.

Post here if you are succeeding, post here if you are not, post here to let us know what you are up to.

Dee has said elsewhere "we don't shoot our wounded in SR" and I would like to stress that on the Weekenders thread no one gets left behind so if you posted before, drank or used you absolutely don't need to leave the thread, in fact I would say it is even more reason to post.

Oh yeah the Latin ? Post before you pick up

Perhaps it could be our motto
Old 02-23-2017, 01:57 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Thanks Sao, put me down for a sober weekend.
Old 02-23-2017, 02:12 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Good one Sao, thankyou. I think all posts (provided respectful and not offensive) have meaning to the person who posted it.
[I][/All threads lead to sobrietyI]
Old 02-23-2017, 02:13 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

That was MEANT to be in italics for effect.
Old 02-23-2017, 02:19 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Sober-T- Dragon

Morning Gang, up early today, gotta meet someone at work for a project, means I get out early too. I'll check back in the afternoon.

Hey SAH! glad to see you!

Post ante vos pick sursum
Old 02-23-2017, 02:24 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Love the motto, Sao .

I'm in. The UK is going to be battered by storm Doris this weekend. I'm in the North of England, where it is meant to get a bit hairy.

As a precursor, the wind set off my burglar alarm in the middle of the night, so my already elusive sleep got another interruption.

I don't think I'll be going out for the next couple of days .
Old 02-23-2017, 02:30 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Welcome to weekenders Done4today, although you didn't call it you got shotgun so well done! Yogi Berra, what a nice guy.

Hi SueDenim, Windy in London but no rain so far.
Old 02-23-2017, 02:35 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Administrator

Thanks Sao
Another great weekend ahead...

D
Old 02-23-2017, 02:37 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Woohoo!!! shotgun, that means I get to select the tunes. Let's rock out this weekend. Send your requests and get your favorite songs in the queue.
Old 02-23-2017, 03:20 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Hi Sao and weekenders,

Haven't been here for a while, but still sober and doing well. Opening a business is proving 10x harder than I thought it was going to be, meaning I m working 10x harder too. Glad that unlike my day job this is something I actually love.

So that s what s in store for me this weekend. Work, work, work.

Been sober 6.5 months now, still remember clearly how the weekender carried me through my first weekend. Hope it does the same for all newcomers.

Mr P
Old 02-23-2017, 03:24 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Brilliant, Sao!!

In!
Old 02-23-2017, 03:27 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

I just love the weekender thread I'm getting ready to head to Florida along the Gulf of Mexico this weekend and will fly out on Monday for a week...yes a week! I've already looked up the AA meeting list I've never been there before so I don't have to overcome drinking memories. It will, however, not be a walk in the park so I'll need to stay vigilant. And I always have SR wherever I go and that is a beautiful thing!
Old 02-23-2017, 03:49 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Lorem ipsum something something. Which actually turns out to be relevant to addiction and recovery.

"Neque porro quisquam est qui dolorem ipsum quia dolor sit amet, consectetur, adipisci velit..."
"There is no one who loves pain itself, who seeks after it and wants to have it, simply because it is pain..."

More info at lipsum.com . Learned about this just yesterday while looking for a chunk of lorem-ipsum text to use on a document template I was setting up for someone.
Old 02-23-2017, 03:52 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  
Mini Novel Post Writer

Thanks for the starter Sao, congrats on shotgun Done!

I am in!
Old 02-23-2017, 04:23 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  
Sober since October

Location: In the world in my eyes...Somewhere I've never been before...
Thank you for the great intro, Sao.

It reminded me about "The important of being Earnest" by Oscar Wilde, love his writing.

As for Latin, this phrase from my Latin course jumped up "Medica mente, non medicamentes" which can be translated like "Cure with your mind rather than medicines" (or use your mind and Weekenders thread to stay sober).

Since Tuesday I've been doing absolutely nothing but sleeping, having tea and watching Downton Abbey) I just plugged my brain to this show and ditched all hopes to be productive (I am still on sick leave).

And I have to admit I so enjoy it!

Have a good day, everyone)
Old 02-23-2017, 04:41 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

*ring*ring

in.

I haven't worked in a few years so every day was a challenge in the beginning. Weekends were just more days to get through without a drink. Every day is a Saturday - can cut both ways.

I did it and so can you. Hop on in and post.
Old 02-23-2017, 04:46 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  

I'm in.
Old 02-23-2017, 04:48 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  

MesaMan, so good to see you last week...and lurking!
Old 02-23-2017, 05:30 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  
saoutchik

I was rather dismissive of Storm Doris or Doris Day as it is widely called but but a couple of co-workers and myself have been in our firm's forecourt trying to secure wheelie bins and other potential missiles.

Congratulations on 6.5 months MrPL, I remember how hard you struggled early on so great respect to you for getting through them.

Like MidnightBlue i am an admirer of Oscar Wilde although he was horrified by my part of London, fortunately it has gentrified a bit in the last 120 years. MB also mentioned Downtown Abbey, I wish I could say it is similar to my place but unfortunately there are no butlers or footmen at Saoutchik Towers.

Talking of aristo's I went to my local state school so that Latin in the OP is from Google translate which is not always accurate
Old 02-23-2017, 05:49 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  

I am in as well! Have a great weekend all!