Notices

Day 1 again

Old 02-18-2017, 11:46 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day 1 again

Hey all relapsed again on a 5day binge lost my job mums not happy with me. I need serious help was so close to suicide yesterday. I'm a horrible drunk and have pushed everyone away i don't no what to do was ment to start a new job today but had to cancel due to withdrawals. Sorry this is all jumbled just feel i need to say this
Old 02-18-2017, 11:52 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hi Alex, I know how you are feeling. I too have felt like that many many times over the course of 2 decades.
Is inpatient rehab a possibility for you? I ended up having to ask for professional help to kickstart my journey to sobriety. Spent 3 weeks in hospital and it was the hardest but best decision I could have made to get on the right track.
You can quit! It is possible, trust me on that.
Old 02-18-2017, 11:54 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Here and now

I think, unless you have, it's time to go to your doctor and be completely honest. I was in a similar boat, not with suicidal thoughts but I lost my job and dropped out of college due to crippling anxiety. I went to my doctor day 1, he changed my life.
Old 02-18-2017, 11:56 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
All is Change

That's right. You can do it. It might not seem that way right now but it's true.
It might help to spend some time writing a bit about your life?
Old 02-18-2017, 11:57 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

You are probably feeling pretty RS right now, but day 1 can be a great new changing point. If you have had suicidal thoughts see a doc.
You are not alone, many have ended up this way playing the drinking game.
AA is also an option.........
Old 02-18-2017, 03:09 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Hi Alex
Try to think of it as your last day 1. You never have to feel this bad again so long as you don't drink. I have just got sick of it all and just hope that this is the last time and I don't relapse. I hate the anxiety and depression, but just 3 weeks In I do feel a lot better. Not all the time but it's better than the anxiety and anger that I was full of between binges.
Stay strong and look after yourself.
Old 02-18-2017, 03:13 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

I'm really sorry for your misery, Alex. I know the feeling all too well. Maybe you'll be more determined to stop letting alcohol run the show. Every time it's in our system we are victims. You can kick it out of your life - we're with you.
Old 02-18-2017, 03:16 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi and welcome back alex
I'm sorry you feel down but the good news is you never have to feel this way again.

I hope the next few days will be better for you

what have you tried in the past to stay sober, besides posting here?

D
Old 02-18-2017, 03:22 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Alex,
I relapsed so many times, so many times I can't count. In my opinion sobriety is very hard. It took me time to figure it out and know how to stay sober. I think it has to be learned like any other difficult task. I have a long way to go but the way I see it as long as we don't give up trying we will enevtually achieve our goal. You can do it just don't give up........please?
Old 02-18-2017, 08:06 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

doctor is a good idea
Old 02-18-2017, 08:40 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Hey Alex, I hope you are okay. Eleven days ago I was feeling like you were. I felt hopeless and that my life was over. I too lost a job that I planned on leaving anyway at the end of this month, so my drinking basically cost me 3 and 1/2 weeks of pay and a good reference.
I have just now completed day 10 of sobriety and when I wake up tomorrow I have the privilege to start living day eleven! Don't ever give up Alex, life is worth living and there is something fantastic around the corner for you if you can just believe it. Don't ever give up on believing you can get sober for yourself! You can do it. I know you can.
Old 02-19-2017, 12:50 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Alexf91 View Post
Hey all relapsed again on a 5day binge lost my job mums not happy with me. I need serious help was so close to suicide yesterday. I'm a horrible drunk and have pushed everyone away i don't no what to do was ment to start a new job today but had to cancel due to withdrawals. Sorry this is all jumbled just feel i need to say this
Hey Alex

Good job on coming here and opening up! talking is the first step in recovering from alcoholism and depression etc

Always remember life is worth living for it truly is! I know things can get real tough from time to time but you are here and alive which is a great thing

Have you ever talked with a professional about how you feel? No need to beat yourself up, day 1 can turn into day 2 and 3 and 4 etc

Hang on in there ok ,SR is a great place to be!
Old 02-19-2017, 04:02 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

I tried everything to stop drinking permanently. Nothing worked, until I finally accepted that I was not, and never would be able, to control my intake of alcohol. Until I reached that point there was always the belief that I would handle the situation differently this time! That I would succeed in controlling my drinking if only I _______ (fill in gap with plan!). Never worked. Just accept it mate, and all this madness will end.

The next time you feel like drinking play the film forward. For a moment think where it WILL lead.
Old 02-19-2017, 02:57 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

How are you today, Alex? Thinking of you.
Old 02-19-2017, 03:50 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  
Administrator

yeah check in alex - hows it going?

D