Notices

Its a catch 22

Old 02-18-2017, 09:59 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Its a catch 22

Just venting here........ on day 50 Days sober, decided to take Campral to ease the PAWS, but the drawback is that Campral make it difficult to sleep and without proper sleep I feel crap and brain fog/paws remains a constant. Anyone else experience this merry go round? dam drink have a surprise around every corner, what a sneak in the grass even when clean just saying, have a nice day
Old 02-18-2017, 10:12 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Hillbilly Girl

Congratulations on 50 days carolin! I have about the same time this to round & have been feeling a bit agitated this week. Remember your not alone & hold out for those great days....many ahead of us in sobriety hugs to you
Old 02-18-2017, 10:40 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Thanks Mariah G, yes I intend to hold on those precious days, I would have had an extra 120 days only for a stupid slip at Christmas, its a process and I learnt a good lesson. Going back to my catch 22 above.... here is another one,!!! some people in acute withdrawal (early withdrawal) are prescribed sleeping tablets to treat recovery but they also are addictive what a contradiction....... treating one addiction with another!! CRAZY DISEASE, had a good day today and good exercise with kids in park and feeling happy even though still bit bumpy but less foggy today TG. Do you suffer from PAWS ? Thanks for your support and happy weekend to you
Old 02-18-2017, 11:24 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Sober since October

Location: In the world in my eyes...Somewhere I've never been before...
Hi, Carlingfold.

Congrats on 50 days sober.

I am not familiar with Campral. Has your doctor prescribed it?

It's not medical advice, but if it messes up with sleep, maybe it's worth giving it another thought and opt for more natural ways to ease PAWS.

The body needs some time to heal the damage done.

Best wishes to you.
Old 02-18-2017, 12:05 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Congrats on 50 Yes the alcohol syndrome is very tricky.
Not familiar with that drug........
Old 02-18-2017, 12:22 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Thanks Midnightblue and Bubovski, Yes, the alcohol syndrome is very tricky indeed and know I am early in recovery. Campral is prescribed by my doctor, it eases the symptoms of craving and also speeds up the connections in the brain which helps recovery and eases PAWS symptoms, it has some side effects but I think if I get out and about and have a good walk it makes me sleep better at night. So weighing it up a balance of exercise and diet are helping me along with SR and some meetings. I am slowly feeling progressively better so just have to be patient, thanks for listening