Notices

Anyone here do green juicing?

Old 02-18-2017, 04:09 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Anyone here do green juicing?

Hey guys

Just wondering if anyone here does green juicing? I have just started back into my routine of juicing vegetables, feel a bit shakey after drinking it but i heard thats normal lol

Anyways just wanted to hear of anyone else's experience with juicing and to see if it helped their health at all

Cheers guys!
Old 02-18-2017, 05:02 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hi Chilledice,

I don't juice per say, but do drink 2 smoothies a day as meal replacements. I've been drinking one for breakfast for years and just added the second a few weeks ago. My breakfast one has spinach, green apple and cucumber and the lunch one typically has broccoli, carrots and whatever other veggie I may have. Also, some sort of seed, right now sunflower seeds. I'm thinking of adding protein powder to the second one, as it doesn't seem to satisfy my hunger too well. For now, a couple of hardboiled eggs have been doing the trick. Im definitely less bloated, have started to lose some weight and my skin is clearer. It takes a little while to get used to it, but I'm loving it so far!
Old 02-18-2017, 05:29 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Readytodothis View Post
Hi Chilledice,

I don't juice per say, but do drink 2 smoothies a day as meal replacements. I've been drinking one for breakfast for years and just added the second a few weeks ago. My breakfast one has spinach, green apple and cucumber and the lunch one typically has broccoli, carrots and whatever other veggie I may have. Also, some sort of seed, right now sunflower seeds. I'm thinking of adding protein powder to the second one, as it doesn't seem to satisfy my hunger too well. For now, a couple of hardboiled eggs have been doing the trick. Im definitely less bloated, have started to lose some weight and my skin is clearer. It takes a little while to get used to it, but I'm loving it so far!

Spinach is fantastic for you and blending is just as good as juicing! I must admit i do feel more awake after it! I love boiled eggs but i have a weird unhealthy habit of putting cheese on them LOL
Old 02-18-2017, 05:44 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Yes, I've juiced for a couple of years. I've cut back a bit because it takes a lot of time to juice and then clean up.
Old 02-18-2017, 05:47 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I'm sort of following the DASH diet. Still having snacks that aren't on the diet sometimes because I'm so early in recovery. The DASH diet says it's better to eat the veggies than to juice them, because of the fiber.
I've often wanted to try it though. I watched, "Fat, Sick and Nearly Dead" and it's all about juicing and sounds really good.
Old 02-18-2017, 06:10 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Hahaha I love cheese on eggs! I've been doing dijon mustard. Sounds odd, but after a few times, it's not too bad lol. I've been doing paleo on/off for about a year, so unfortunately cheese is a no no. I am going to my Mother's house later and she's making a bacon a cheese quiche, so today will be a cheat day for me
Old 02-18-2017, 06:14 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

LOL i am typing this whilst also making a chilli con carne ! I am slowly but surely adding healthy things into my life and deleting the unhealthy one by one
Old 02-18-2017, 06:15 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Sober369 View Post
I'm sort of following the DASH diet. Still having snacks that aren't on the diet sometimes because I'm so early in recovery. The DASH diet says it's better to eat the veggies than to juice them, because of the fiber.
I've often wanted to try it though. I watched, "Fat, Sick and Nearly Dead" and it's all about juicing and sounds really good.
Fat Sick And Nearly Dead is awesome, Joe Cross has gained a bit of his weight back tho.
Old 02-18-2017, 06:25 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Here and now

I find juicing to be a massive waste, you throw away and waste all the fiber of the vegetables. I personally prefer full smoothies where you get all the goodness the plant has to offer.
Old 02-18-2017, 06:32 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Ekohe View Post
I find juicing to be a massive waste, you throw away and waste all the fiber of the vegetables. I personally prefer full smoothies where you get all the goodness the plant has to offer.
Yep!

(also, being a strict finance-atarian, the mere thought of throwing away all that paid-for goodness...well, it ain't happening!)
Old 02-18-2017, 06:46 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Ya dont have to throw the remains away, you can use it in a broth
Old 02-18-2017, 07:53 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Me, me me!! I felt much better when I was juicing. I agree, Fat, sick and nearly dead 1 and 2 are great doc's.

I would juice kale, spinach, carrots beets, all fruits, parsley, I found a ton of detox recipe's out there. I have to admit that not all of the drinks tasted the best. But the health benefits were worth it to me. If I could drink vodka straight, I can certainly tolerate a drink full of nutrients. Lol. We had a juicing thread on the health forum going on recently, maybe check that out too!

Chilled ice, I never thought of broth. How do you incorporate that? Do you freeze it? What if you juice with fruit? I make a taco soup, cabbage soup and a kind of dump soup usually once a week and just piece off that. (Fruit would be gross in that??) I've also read that putting the pulp is great for plant compost.
Old 02-18-2017, 07:54 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

I love juicing and absolutely believe that it improves health! Yeah, perhaps it's a little wasteful, but it is a great way to get loads of vitamins and nutrients into your body quickly, tastes great, and always gives me a nice jolt of energy.
Old 02-18-2017, 08:35 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Behappy1 View Post
Me, me me!! I felt much better when I was juicing. I agree, Fat, sick and nearly dead 1 and 2 are great doc's.

I would juice kale, spinach, carrots beets, all fruits, parsley, I found a ton of detox recipe's out there. I have to admit that not all of the drinks tasted the best. But the health benefits were worth it to me. If I could drink vodka straight, I can certainly tolerate a drink full of nutrients. Lol. We had a juicing thread on the health forum going on recently, maybe check that out too!

Chilled ice, I never thought of broth. How do you incorporate that? Do you freeze it? What if you juice with fruit? I make a taco soup, cabbage soup and a kind of dump soup usually once a week and just piece off that. (Fruit would be gross in that??) I've also read that putting the pulp is great for plant compost.
This is a good quick video on what to do with the pulp after juicing

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hR6B6mEEZwQ

I have never tried fruit in a broth before lol BUT who knows? maybe it wouldn't be as gross as you think?
Old 02-18-2017, 08:39 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Also check out 'liferegenerator' on youtube, he talks a bit too much but has GREAT ideas and experience on juicing and healthy living etc!
Old 02-18-2017, 09:22 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

I've been thinking about the fruit pulp. Lol. I could juice the veggies first, freeze that pulp, then fruits and freeze that. Veggies in the broth and fruit in the smoothies that my kids drink many mornings before school. Nothing goes to waste!

So far I've used them as plant compost. Thanks for the thread! :-)
Old 02-18-2017, 10:08 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  

" I've also read that putting the pulp is great for plant compost."

Ouch!

Old 02-18-2017, 10:47 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by columbus View Post
" I've also read that putting the pulp is great for plant compost."

Ouch!

Apparently it is
Old 02-18-2017, 06:42 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  

"Fat, Sick and Nearly Dead" and it's all about juicing and sounds really good.

I watched it and liked it some much that I bought the DVD.
Old 02-18-2017, 07:13 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Expensive. Tasty but expensive.