Did something for Me

Old 10-12-2004, 06:05 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Did something for Me

Since my husband has been sober for 5 months it has been rocky. We do not have an intimate relationship. I have been feeling really down and my self esteem has been really bad. I was in this yucky process of comparing myself to the girl he left me for. I have always felt like I was not good enough for him. The way he always seemed to be looking for something better left me feeling not good enough.

I decided to take action for the way I felt. I have made a counselor appointment. I am going to learn how to build my self esteem back up. I started working on myself yesterday. I started working out. I felt great like I accomplished something big. I am eating better and getting more rest. I know this sounds like a no brainer but I'm not very good at taking care of me for me. I could work out if he told me I was getting out of shape with out a problem. But I did it for me not him.

I am also working on finding a hobby that makes me happy. I think I want to paint. I love to draw and write. I think I will try to write a kids book and illustrate it.

I just wanted to let you know that I feel great today because I am doing things for me not for him. If he does not notice thats his problem. I notice. I'm enough. I'm good enough. Bless you all.
Old 10-12-2004, 06:11 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Awesome - onward and upward. You are worth it!!
Old 10-12-2004, 06:16 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Dancing To My Own Beat

Hey heartbroke,
Glad that you shared that with us. It is hard to learn how to take care of ourself. I am a lot better at it, but I still struggle. It took a lot of years to learn all those messed up messages, and bad habits. It will take many more for me to get good at the good stuff. That is why it's a good thing we have each other for support. We all know how difficult it is to take those baby steps and start moving in another direction.

You are enough. And you aren't alone. Hugs, Magic
Old 10-12-2004, 06:32 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Heartbroke... look at you! I loved reading your post - it made me feel good inside! I am taking your lead and going to really focus on what I can do for me. I've bee focusing alot the last few days on my AH and what I want. Maybe I need a break and need to do something for me. In fact, I know I do - but, doing it seems to be an obstacle lately. So, thank you for giving me a great example! Bravo girl!
Old 10-12-2004, 08:01 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

heartbroke - fantastic!

i took a baby step last weekand got back to the gym for the first time in a year. granted it was only 30 mins. on the treadmill, but i got there and felt great afterward.

like magic says - it's hard for us to take care of ourselves!

keep up the good work!
Old 10-12-2004, 06:32 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Radar

Heartbroke!!! Way to go! Like someone told a friend of mine after his wife left him, "Sounds like she did you a favor."

You'll do great!