Notices

Just nearly finished my Third bottle

Old 02-10-2017, 06:06 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Just nearly finished my Third bottle

This has to stop. My ex is gone now. All I want to do is drink for days to get over him. I haven't drank this bad for 7 years before another ex pulled me out of the shift. He was new back then but later became an ex. How do you stop when you have lost the will to help yourself
Old 02-10-2017, 06:22 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Sch-Rely on others like us to help you on our difficult path. You are not alone. I am one of many, like you on this crappy path. It sucks. With strength and sharing, courage and compassion for each other- we are and will continue to prevail. There is strength in our struggle. Growth in our collective pain. Compassion in our tears. We are alive. That counts for something. You are not alone. I am not alone. You are here, I am here- all the others on this path are around us. Keep fighting for you. Life is better than death- I have felt death's kiss by drinking and refused it's embrace. I will keep fighting for me. Perhaps together we can all grow and learn to be happy and peaceful with our lives, there is hope where there is life. Never forget that and never think or feel you are alone.
Old 02-10-2017, 06:29 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by PhoenixJ View Post
Sch-Rely on others like us to help you on our difficult path. You are not alone. I am one of many, like you on this crappy path. It sucks. With strength and sharing, courage and compassion for each other- we are and will continue to prevail. There is strength in our struggle. Growth in our collective pain. Compassion in our tears. We are alive. That counts for something. You are not alone. I am not alone. You are here, I am here- all the others on this path are around us. Keep fighting for you. Life is better than death- I have felt death's kiss by drinking and refused it's embrace. I will keep fighting for me. Perhaps together we can all grow and learn to be happy and peaceful with our lives, there is hope where there is life. Never forget that and never think or feel you are alone.
Well said.
Can you get some rest now SC?
Old 02-10-2017, 06:30 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Canine Welfare Advocate

Originally Posted by sweetichick View Post
How do you stop when you have lost the will to help yourself
I don't know if you can stop if you stop caring. But I think some part of you cares. You posted here.

I think you have to admit yourself to a facility that will detox you and keep you away from alcohol. Maybe with a little sober time that small spark of care will become a flame.
Old 02-10-2017, 06:34 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
AA member

Sorry you are stuggling,but Alcohol makes every situation worse.

Make a start by throwing any Alcohol you have left out.Then get some rest and when you wake up,stay away from the first drink whatever happens
Old 02-10-2017, 06:49 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Thanks for the replies guys. It means a lot. I just threw up. Definitely need to stop this. Very scared and alone. Plus a mess to clean up
Old 02-10-2017, 06:54 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

NOT ALONE- no more booze? Water, see a doctor asap.
Old 02-10-2017, 07:01 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Drink water. Do you have a cvs near you where you can get some pedialyte?
pedialyte
water
AA meeting
That's all you should do today.
Old 02-10-2017, 07:09 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Administrator

Sweetichick, as others have said, you are not alone. We really do understand your pain. And, I think you do care, because you came here and reached out. Try to rest today and take care of yourself.
Old 02-10-2017, 08:13 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
2/2016

This has to stop. My ex is gone now. All I want to do is drink for days to get over him. I haven't drank this bad for 7 years before another ex pulled me out of the shift. ...
Drinking will not help you get over him. It is a dead end.

Another ex pulled you out....You must pull you out. Not someone else. You.

It seems to me You do not love yourself, you do not see your worth, you do not care enough about yourself to help yourself. This is due to not realizing you are worthy of love. Just by being alive you are worth it. You deserve the very best of life. Alcohol robs you of that. Please reach outside yourself for help from others. There are people who will help you up. You just have to reach out....
Old 02-10-2017, 08:18 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Sweetichick, I hope you can find the strength to stop drinking. But for now, please be safe. 3 bottles is a fair amount of alcohol. Try to eat?
Old 02-10-2017, 08:26 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

As we all have said, you are so not alone. We have all either been there or close. Take a shower, hydrate (I like the pedialyte idea), try to get some sleep and start again. The bad is 10 times better and easier to navigate when sober. Hugs.
Old 02-10-2017, 08:29 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

If I have learned anything it is you can't erase feelings by drinking. It just makes them worse.

I used to always feel sorry for myself, so I'd drink. Finally I got sick of feeling that way. Reverse your way of thinking. Instead of feeling bad about it look at it as an opportunity to improve your life. Show him that you ARE better off without him.
Old 02-10-2017, 08:43 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

This has to stop. My ex is gone now. All I want to do is drink for days to get over him. I haven't drank this bad for 7 years before another ex pulled me out of the shift. He was new back then but later became an ex. How do you stop when you have lost the will to help yourself
Hi again Sweetichick.Did you take my advice that I posted on your other thread this morning?Which was to maybe enlist the help of your police department?You say on this thread that the ex has gone.Stay calm,wash the alcohol down your sink too.Took much courage on your part get this guy gone!
Old 02-10-2017, 09:07 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Hope isn't gone, and all is not lost. You can and will get through this!

ABW1
Old 02-10-2017, 10:17 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Nobody is worth putting yourself through this pain! sending you hugs!
Old 02-10-2017, 10:29 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Hugs from me as well. Please stop. I don't even know you but I care and want you to stop. Get some medical help if you have to. You CAN do this.
Old 02-10-2017, 01:00 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  
under new management

Don't give up, (((sweetichick))), this is doable.

Old 02-10-2017, 03:30 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  
Administrator

I hope you'll not go and buy more today Sweetichick.

The I don't/can't care for myself line is AV BS.

You're posting here - you must ant help and change

I know you'll feel like crud but a meeting today could really help.

We'd go out in a cyclone to buy booze - I think we need that same kind of dedication in our recovery.

D
Old 02-10-2017, 04:16 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Sweetichick, we're all here with you. You're ex is gone, this is your time now. You're saying this has to stop, you can do this for yourself now, it's your time now Sweetichick.

Baby steps... one minute, one hour, one day at a time. You can do it Sweetichick.