Turn Around

Old 02-09-2017, 04:11 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Lightbulb Turn Around

Turn around
by Ralph Marston

When you discover that you’re feeling negative, you have two choices. You can feel even more negative about the fact that you’re feeling negative, or you can choose to turn your thoughts around.

When you’ve suffered a defeat, you can make it even worse by beating yourself up about it. Or, you can use it as a positive inspiration to turn yourself around and move forward in a more effective way.

The moment you realize you’ve strayed from the path, use that realization as a clear and compelling signal. Use it as a signal that it’s time to re-commit to the original goal and get yourself back on track.

Sure, it’s unfortunate that you’ve temporarily lost your way. But there’s no reason to add to that misfortune.

In this moment, you can choose any direction, no matter what has just happened. So choose a positive, empowering direction that will bring out the best in you.

This is your opportunity to act with renewed determination and purpose. Turn around, and get yourself going forward again.

Ralph S. Marston, Jr.
From The Daily Motivator website at The Daily Motivator - Turn around
Old 02-09-2017, 04:19 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

I've been trying to give my recovery batteries a boost with some inspirational reading lately, and nobody does it better than Ralph Marston.

Even today I have to remind myself that I don't have to get "stuck" in a bad day or a bad week or a bad mood. I can ponder the situation, acknowledge it and then park it until I feel more prepared to deal with it. I can change my direction anytime I choose.

If I am having a sad day, I can shed my tears and then get up and go out for a walk in nature, the sure cure for the blues. I can call a friend and meet for lunch or coffee. I can read a book and take my mind someplace else or listen to happy music and make myself feel better....even when I don't feel like it! That's the secret, don't wait until you "feel like it", just have a plan for the bad days and then do it.

We CAN turn our days around. We cannot make all our problems disappear, but we can adjust our attitude, take good care of ourselves and keep moving forward.

Hugs
Old 02-09-2017, 05:22 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Thank you, Ann!
Old 02-10-2017, 05:11 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Ann View Post
Even today I have to remind myself that I don't have to get "stuck" in a bad day or a bad week or a bad mood. I can ponder the situation, acknowledge it and then park it until I feel more prepared to deal with it. I can change my direction anytime I choose.
Very well spoken and so very hopeful!; it is comforting to see and remind myself as well that I don't have to get stuck in a rut.

It's been a difficult year, almost from day one; though I am working on re-framing situations to look at the positives, which does make a difference and helps in the healing process.

Another helpful share, Ann.
Old 02-10-2017, 07:08 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Ann- I agree. Thanks. (:-)> PJ
Old 02-10-2017, 04:17 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

As many of you know, I had two years of medical nightmares when my husband and I were both having surgeries and treatments for cancer at the same time, by far the scariest and most difficult time of my life.

I knew right at the beginning that I would have to keep a positive attitude, hold strong to my faith, keep walking when I wanted to crumble in a heap, and just keep doing the next thing and then the next thing after that.

I took special time several times a day to pray and to read positive inspiration for people who were going through what we were. I had wonderful friends and family who fought with us and I learned not to shut them out because they brought light and joy at a time when we needed it most.

We both made it through, blessed to have wonderful doctors and treatments, and grateful to have more days to live our lives well. So many do not, and I keep them in my prayers every day.

My point is that I had two choices, just like the title suggests, I would be completely justified to wallow in self-pity, I could let the sadness win...or I could fight back with my attitude, sense of humour and the support of many people who cheered us on.

In the end, being brave and finding courage came from a power greater than myself, but it's through recovery that I learned to see the darkess when it approaches and turn on the darn lights.

Hugs
Old 02-11-2017, 06:44 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Ann View Post
In the end, being brave and finding courage came from a power greater than myself, but it's through recovery that I learned to see the darkess when it approaches and turn on the darn lights.

Hugs
This is very significant and inspires.

Wondering if this thread might become a sticky.