Notices

Day 10 - Strong Headaches

Old 02-08-2017, 07:47 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day 10 - Strong Headaches

Anyone have this experience in early recovery? I'll take it as a sign that something is "healing" but in the meantime, these headaches seem to be pretty persistent...
Old 02-08-2017, 07:51 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

See a doctor if you can. I don't know how common headaches are during withdrawal and recovery. It could just be stress, or dehydration, or any number of other things, but best to get it checked out and be sure!

ABW1
Old 02-08-2017, 07:54 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

I had persistent headaches for the first couple of weeks, but if it's concerning you, seeing a Dr is a good idea.

D
Old 02-08-2017, 07:56 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I haven't specifically suffered from headaches, but the repairing our body needs to do in order to function more efficiently has many side affects.

I started keeping a journal where I charted my mood and physical ailments. When you keep a record of how you are feeling, at what time and under what circumstance it is interesting to see how things coincide. Our bodies tell a clear story if we listen to them. One of the best things I have ever done was taking a step back and listening to my body
Old 02-08-2017, 09:26 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Yes, I suffered from this on and off throughout the last year.

Doctor helped when it was debilitating, but the main thing that helped was a naturopath focussing on diet and appropriate supplements.

The positive thing for me now is I'm actually feeling this stuff and being proactive about looking after myself. In my drinking days it would have been 'solved' with more alcohol and painkillers
Old 02-09-2017, 12:18 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I suffered with excruciating headaches during very early recovery last summer.The headaches started up around 2 weeks in,then lasted for a further 2weeks.I can liken them to having my head in a vice.And as one grew in intensity,my thoughts and emotions and feelings of anxiety plus utter panic would also intensify.At the onset of the heafaches I was terrified as I didn't realize that this was my brain healing.The support and knowledge from everyone on SR was amazing.Such a relief too.Hang pn in there,your headaches will subside
Old 02-09-2017, 01:05 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Me too. Seems pretty common. At one month now and they seem to have gone.
Old 02-09-2017, 01:28 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Mentium View Post
Me too. Seems pretty common. At one month now and they seem to have gone.
Yes,pretty common.Personaly I didn't ever suffer with headaches prior to drinking related ones when I was drinking,then these recovery type.
Old 02-09-2017, 04:00 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Sober-T- Dragon

I used to brag that I never get headaches. Probably just didn't know any better because of the drinking. Now I get the occasional headache, but nothing serious. Feels more like Caffeine withdrawal.
Old 02-09-2017, 04:53 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

I agree to see a doctor. I used to get headaches a lot and a general feeling of unwell. Found I had underlying health issues directly related to my drinking. I drink a ton of water and cut out soda and started a healthy diet with vitamins and I started feeling better about 4 days after eating healthy which I was not doing at all when drinking. I feel great now 40days sober