Notices

Happy to have found this forum

Old 02-01-2017, 03:14 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Happy to have found this forum

Hi

I am so happy to have found this forum. I am now in bed getting ready to sleep and reading the threads (and posting) on my cell phone.

I have now just completed my 12th day of sobriety and although it is my will power it comes down to, I feel that you are all right here with me.

I have thought about AA meetings where I live, but came to realize it was not possible for me since the timings of the meetings do not match my work hours and I have kids to feed and put to bed also.

So, for now, this forum is really helping me. Since I joined, I had one really bad day where I almost bought a bottle, but didn't. I want to be strong and I have you with me I feel. I know the forum is just what I need as support since I cannot go to an in-person meeting.

I have done so many chores this evening because I am sober and now it is past midnight and I will sleep thinking that tomorrow is another day for me with sobriety.

My new forum friends: thank you! Where ever you are, have a great day y'all!

Good night��
Old 02-01-2017, 03:22 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi KatSienna,

I'm glad that you're doing so well and that you find SR supportive. We really do understand how hard this is.
Old 02-01-2017, 03:29 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
AA Member

12 days is awesome and welcome

Old 02-01-2017, 03:35 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Hi Kat. You're doing great. Start reading about creating a sobriety plan. It's the one thing that keeps me sober and sane.
Old 02-01-2017, 04:26 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Hi, Kat! Welcome, and 12 days is amazing. It's hard, I know--but you can have an incredible, sober life. SR has been a wonderful place for me and indispensable in my recovery. I am going on 14 months of sobriety and while things aren't perfect it chills me to my core to think of what could and would have happened had I continued to drink. Best wishes.
Old 02-01-2017, 06:07 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Thank you for your encouraging post, Kat. We're so glad you're here with us. Congrats on your 12 days of sobriety. Things will keep getting better.
Old 02-01-2017, 06:18 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Glad we are able to help you in your recovery.
Old 02-01-2017, 11:47 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Well done!
Old 02-02-2017, 12:16 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Great going - keep it up!
Old 02-02-2017, 12:56 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Administrator

Glad to have you here KS - and congrats on 12 days

D
Old 02-02-2017, 03:06 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Thanks everyone!!! I am so happy to receive these encouraging words!

Originally Posted by On The Road View Post
Hi Kat. You're doing great. Start reading about creating a sobriety plan. It's the one thing that keeps me sober and sane.
What is a sobriety plan? Is it something in writing? Is it a book?
Any books to recommend?

Old 02-02-2017, 03:15 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Congratulations on 12 days KatSienna! This forum has been so supportive as well.
Old 02-02-2017, 05:05 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by KatSienna View Post

Any books to recommend?

Hi kat.There is much information on sobriety plans on this forum,some excellent links etc.Our sobriety plan is how we,as individuals,plan to move forward in our sober journey.Simply not drinking may not be enough.I have only just started with my personal sobriety plan,at 8mths sober.Posted a few threads on here recently and received very supportive replies plus links.Take care and keep posting!
Old 02-02-2017, 12:37 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
Administrator

Originally Posted by KatSienna View Post

Any books to recommend?

This is a great link to some ideas on recovery plans

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...ery-plans.html

D
Old 02-02-2017, 12:40 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

hello from Wisconsin USA and so many that are with you KatSienna
you can do this we know it.. woot woot..

Originally Posted by january161992 View Post
12 days is awesome and welcome

Old 02-02-2017, 02:44 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
This is a great link to some ideas on recovery plans

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...ery-plans.html

D
Thanks! I will check it out!
Yes, I want to know why
Old 02-02-2017, 02:46 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Jojay View Post
Hi kat.There is much information on sobriety plans on this forum,some excellent links etc.Our sobriety plan is how we,as individuals,plan to move forward in our sober journey.Simply not drinking may not be enough.I have only just started with my personal sobriety plan,at 8mths sober.Posted a few threads on here recently and received very supportive replies plus links.Take care and keep posting!

Wow! Thanks I will for sure check it out and search in the forum for threads/links.
Old 02-02-2017, 03:26 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Hi Kat. Glad you're here. Most of us in recovery do indeed use a recovery plan. Steps we take on a regular basis to keep our sobriety and grow in recovery. For example, I'm active in AA, so my recovery plan involves going to 2 meetings per week minimum. I read recovery related material such as the Big Book or other stuff on my own time, every day. I stay in touch with my sponsor, sober friends and my family as much as possible so I don't isolate. I try to spend some time helping other people every week, even if it's just something as simple as spending time with someone who could use it. All these little things keep me sober and keep me happy and growing in recovery. Some of these things may change as time goes on, but right now this is my sober plan. Everybody's is probably a little different, and there is no right or wrong way. Only what works for you. Hope this helps, and welcome to SR!
Old 02-03-2017, 01:38 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by NewRomanMan View Post
Hi Kat. Glad you're here. Most of us in recovery do indeed use a recovery plan. Steps we take on a regular basis to keep our sobriety and grow in recovery. For example, I'm active in AA, so my recovery plan involves going to 2 meetings per week minimum. I read recovery related material such as the Big Book or other stuff on my own time, every day. I stay in touch with my sponsor, sober friends and my family as much as possible so I don't isolate. I try to spend some time helping other people every week, even if it's just something as simple as spending time with someone who could use it. All these little things keep me sober and keep me happy and growing in recovery. Some of these things may change as time goes on, but right now this is my sober plan. Everybody's is probably a little different, and there is no right or wrong way. Only what works for you. Hope this helps, and welcome to SR!
Thanks! You are right.

My plan is to keep myself busy. I recently joined a charity org, where I volunteer 2-3 hours a week in a cat shelter.
I take pictures so they can be uploaded on the website to be adopted. The cats should look their best :-) Then I write (together with other volunteers) some text below to market them ;-)

I have also committed myself to be more active in my kids' sports club in the parents' committee.

Isolation is the wrong road for me.

Unfortunately, I cannot attend AA meetings where I live since the timings do not match my schedule. I have kids I need to feed and put to bed. Therefore, SR is the right place.

My plan is also to read some self-help books - I have searched Amazon.