Notices

Need help

Old 01-29-2017, 09:14 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Need help

Hi. I went to a meeting, swept the floor then drank today. Ugh. My sponsor said I need to take this seriously. I need help. What helped u?
Old 01-29-2017, 09:17 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

"What helped u?"

In all seriousness, not drinking.

Being willing to suffer a bit, pay the price of my stupidity.
Old 01-29-2017, 09:29 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Yep- not drinking. Just because I stopped drinking did not mean the sober fairy granted me life long happiness and all things good. The rewards- that means doing stuff when I hate doing it. I wash out toilets, empty stinking bins of rotting food- I do it because I have to make the effort with every thing. If I do not like it- I try harder. If I hate it more- I try even harder. A drunk, crazy mixed up mess that I was with out alcohol leaves a sober mixed up crazy mess. That needs work too.
Keep going to meetings. Keep posting. Keep trying.
Prayers to you. PJ
Old 01-29-2017, 09:34 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

I think continually adding things to my plan until whatever I did or whatever I went I had an alternative to drinking.

Something as small as committing to posting here first,. even simply to help someone else in trouble, made all the difference to me - it could make all the difference to you too?

D
Old 01-29-2017, 09:39 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Hello,

I'm glad you went to a meeting. Do you still have alcohol in your house? If so, get rid of it.

What helped me was finally saying enough. I got sick of alternating between periods of sobriety and failed attempts at moderation. I was sick of waking up fuzzy headed, sick of dragging to get through the day, and knowing that I might have been productive, but was in no way living up to my full potential. I got sick of being a good enough mom, wife, friend, employee, person, and wanted to be my best me in each if those circumstances. I took alcohol completely off the table.

In the beginning i needed to plan out my evenings: long walk, actitives with kids, bubble bath, reading, journaling, home project, Netflix series, time posting on SR. I needed to keep myself busy. Gradually those things just became part of my daily routine and I stopped obsessing about drinking. The physical want went away pretty quickly, the mental took a little longer.

I am now one year, and almost one month sober, and it is rare when I think about drinking. However, I still read and post here daily, and do other things that are part of my recovery, because they are good for making me a better me.

You can do this. I promise it is worth it!

❤️Delilah
Old 01-29-2017, 11:05 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I had quit cigs but ramped up my drinking and pot but had a bad hangover one day and finally said "forget this crap". That was the start, a little later I quit the pot and it was so hard that I knew I had to stay sober or go through it all again someday.
Old 01-30-2017, 07:45 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
AA Member

hi press

i went to meetings and drank for a while

keep going

and great job on sweeping the floor

stay involved

Old 01-30-2017, 01:24 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Administrator

How are you today Press?