Notices

Back again

Old 01-29-2017, 08:28 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Back again

So once again Im back again feeling rather sheepish as ive been here back at day one so many times.
My body has taken a battering from all the alcohol lately and strangely im feeling sorry for myself as if it wasnt my fault which of course it was.
After a year of not working i finally start a new job in a weeks time and need to be sober as im responsible for vulnerable people- i left my last job as alcohol was badly affecting my abilities- since returning to drink ive returned to a fat bloated unfit sloth .
Im not looking forward to the sleepless nights and of course i have 101 reasons why its not the right time but of course know thats AV talk.
This time last year i was contemplating abstention and managed to go 5 and a half months - its a difficult and rewarding road but here goes.
I will post now and again but feel im wasting peoples time when the past shows i havent taking and used the experience and wisdom of others to my benefit.
Old 01-29-2017, 08:34 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Welcome back jtmlk. Have you considered what you might do this time to make sobriety really work? Perhaps try something you've never tried before?
Old 01-29-2017, 08:52 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Thanks Scott- i think this time i will not try to be arrogant with my sobriety and believe i can moderate. I need to spend some time setting some goals i want to complete.
I was thinking earlier that when im drinking I let life happen to me but when sober i make decisions that affect my life. Im just dreading the first few sleepless nights.
Old 01-29-2017, 09:19 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

You are not wasting my time. I posted this didn't I?
Old 01-29-2017, 09:21 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

" i finally start a new job in a weeks time"

If you stop NOW you'll be amazed at much you'll recover in a week.

Do NOT put it off till the night before you start the new job, is my advice.

Get those first few bad days under your belt in advance and you'll be in much better shape.
Old 01-29-2017, 09:36 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
All is Change

Maybe you're wasting your own time if you don't post here. (Maybe that's just the contrarian in me talking. Always looking at the other side.) I don't think you're wasting anyones time by posting here.
Old 01-29-2017, 09:39 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome back

It's important to realise this thing of feeling sorry for yourself and of wasting other peoples time is your addiction talking. Low self esteem and not feeling worthy of help make more drinking an easier proposition.

Fight back.

Accept that whatever you've bee doing for your recovery is not enough.

Write down all the things you might a\dp, or could add, from posting here more though seeing a Dr, a counsellor, AA or some other group...all the way up to inpatient rehab.

Cut out whatever things you're not prepared to do right now - what's left?

D
Old 01-29-2017, 09:47 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Hi,

I am glad you are back. I also had many Day Ones, but now have over a year sober. Don't stop posting. I have found that reading and posting daily has been a big part of my recovery. In the past when I stopped posting I found myself slowly start to think I could have just one drink, that led to me attempting to moderate, and failing miserably.

check out the 24 hour thread, it is a great place to check in daily for accountability, and to meet lots of great people who will support you on your journey. Also, I am not sure if you joined a class in the past, but consider joining the January of 2017 and soon to be February of 2017 classes. Having others at the same point in the journey is very helpful, and you will build a support network ready to help each other through the tough days.

You can do this, and I promise sobriety is so worth it!

❤️Delilah