Notices

Giving this another try

Old 01-27-2017, 12:22 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Giving this another try

It's not my first time here but I've not logged in for a while. I'm giving this another try. Wish I could sound more enthusiastic but it is what it is. Tomorrow will my day 1 and I'm praying something sticks. I need to jump of this suicide train... I suspect I've done irreparable damage and that thought has allowed me to continue my destruction with a kind of what's the point attitude. I realise now, there is a point so the plan is to get sober and then go for some tests I've been putting off. One step at a time. So as I said... Day 1 tomorrow.
Old 01-27-2017, 12:42 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Recovering

Great choice Funtimefranky . Things will only get better if you stop. And things will only get worse if you don't. Welcome aboard again!
Old 01-27-2017, 12:46 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Hope this new attempt at sobriety sticks for you. I've had many day 1's, so I understand what you are going through. Beating this beast is a really tough battle but many have done it. JUST DON'T GIVE UP. As far as tests go; if you are referring to any damage drinking has done, it might not be as bad as you think. I had some blood tests done a few years ago and they all came back fine. I couldn't believe it considering the amount I was drinking. Besides, if there is any damage, much of it can be reversed if caught in time. Good luck. John
Old 01-27-2017, 12:50 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

Things will get better. And, you're right to not overwhelm yourself on Day 1. Start to feel better and things will improve in your life. You will find the confidence to go for the tests you need. You can do this!
Old 01-27-2017, 02:00 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Thank you Michael, twomuchpain and Anna for your support. Looking forward to logging in tomorrow and getting this process started. I made a little change this evening and that was not to drink until I fall asleep. It was very tempting to go all out knowing that tomorrow is my quit day. Glad I haven't done that. Hopefully I won't feel too rough in the morning.
Old 01-27-2017, 02:23 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Don't be too pessimistic about your test results, you could well be fine. Before I quit I was certain I had damaged organs or brain or something but it was mostly just the booze saying, "Your screwed and gonna die anyway, so drink away!". Amazing how hard that little addictive will fight to survive, you can beat it though.

Good luck, just got through a tough (sober) day myself today and none of them are easy but it's better than being a drunk.
Old 01-27-2017, 02:31 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Giving this another try

please dont give this another try.
give it 100% commitment to DO. and start NOW.
its amazing the damage a body can heal.

I had that "whats the point?" and also an "its my destiny" attitude before.
the point is because I was worth being sober and rebuilding my life and dieing drunk wasn't my destiny.
Old 01-27-2017, 04:12 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Welcome back Franky!!
Old 01-27-2017, 04:51 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome back Franky

Have you thought about what you might do differently this time?

D