Notices

No longer drinking alcohol and feels worse

Old 01-25-2017, 09:16 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Unhappy No longer drinking alcohol and feels worse

Hello everyone ,

I was wondering if its normal for someone to feel dizziness, lightheadedness, fatigue and nasuea when recovering from alcohol abuse. I was heavely drinking everyday for a good 2 years and now that i've been sober i feel like how i discribed everyday from waiking up till bed time for the past 5 months now.

I have seen a doctor they did blood work everything is fine and my liver seems ok so im worried if there is any brain damage done. I constantly deal with anxiety and sometimes it gets so bad i feel im going to pass out. Ive tried taking anxiety pills but my symptoms get worse. Any advice or help someone could give me
Old 01-25-2017, 09:52 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I'd suggest having a read of this article about PAWS. Light-headedness was one of my anxiety symptoms - probably because I wasn't really breathing properly whenever I got in a bit of an anxious state, which I didn't even realize, plus it was exhausting.

For me the answer was to actually engage in recovery. Up til about 6 months or so I'd just stopped drinking and went to a few meetings but didn't really do any of the things suggested to me.

Welcome, and I wish you all the best for your continued sobriety and your recovery. BB

https://digital-dharma.net/post-acut...r-immediately/
Old 01-25-2017, 10:39 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Thank you barrybean will take a look at this !
Old 01-25-2017, 11:49 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Hi.The Digital-Darma link is well worth looking up.The most informative Paws article I have read,thanks to Berrybean.
Old 01-25-2017, 02:40 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi and welcome Epccmicha

If I had those symptoms all day every day for five months, I think I'd get a second opinion from another Doctor, just to be sure?

D