Wife of a addict I love of 25 Years help!!!

Old 01-21-2017, 10:00 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Wife of a addict I love of 25 Years help!!!

I've been married 25 years to my teenage sweetheart I've been through so much with him I'm so grateful to find this support group we've raised three beautiful children despite the addiction of him I've tried for years to understand why and been through alcohol addiction methadone clinics and the latest subuxone clinic and today I'm dealing with his new addiction adderal I'm so exhausted at this point in my life nothing I've said did has ever made his impulsive behavior stop I feel like I'm alone and just became a different woman myself I feel depressed I've lost myself along this journey and I pray for that miracle one day but life passing by so fast I had a huge Awakening when my beautiful sister recently died of a accidental overdose of pain pills I'm beyond hurt so many emotions
Old 01-21-2017, 10:33 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hugs to you, Glamma. I wish I had some words to ease your burden, but I don't. Just know you're not alone here. Many of us have been thru the same thing. I know it's frightening and frustrating. We're here for you, tho. Just let stuff out and post as you need to. Don't keep it in. No one should have to bear a burden like this alone.
Old 01-21-2017, 10:53 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by NewRomanMan View Post
Hugs to you, Glamma. I wish I had some words to ease your burden, but I don't. Just know you're not alone here. Many of us have been thru the same thing. I know it's frightening and frustrating. We're here for you, tho. Just let stuff out and post as you need to. Don't keep it in. No one should have to bear a burden like this alone.
Thank you for responding I've never reached out to support but im scared and hurt and feel like I can't just talk to just anyone about this pain
Old 01-24-2017, 03:10 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I understand your pain. I've been married to my addict for 22 years. We too have 3 beautiful children. I've supported him thru numerous rehabs, jail, lost friends, and most importantly myself. I feel like I an standing at the same crossroads as you are. I work and sleep. I no longer know what joy is. I am here waiting for the next disaster. I don't know how to change, but I believe it is possible. Keep posting, and take care of you.