Notices

Guess it's my last binge

Old 01-20-2017, 06:37 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Guess it's my last binge

I don't know what I'm doing. I've been drinking, nonstop for days. I made it into work for a few hours the other day, managed to shower, brush my teeth, but I was drunk, the whole time.

I can't go today, I know I can't drive, let alone look ok for work. I barely make it an hour and start getting sick, but I'm sick while drinking, it's over. One way or another.
Old 01-20-2017, 07:13 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Still I rise.

Because you have been drinking non-stop for days, maybe consider taking yourself to the hospital for detox and then, really, make this binge the last.

Get off the computer and get some medical help. Even if they don't keep you, they can prescribe something to help ease withdrawals. As for work, I would arrange at least a week off at least or, if you have to, resign in order to help your chances of recovery.
Old 01-20-2017, 07:38 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I agree- you need medical help. Dangerous place to be. Prayers.
Old 01-20-2017, 10:11 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
AA Member

Originally Posted by RevivingOphelia View Post
Because you have been drinking non-stop for days, maybe consider taking yourself to the hospital for detox and then, really, make this binge the last.

Get off the computer and get some medical help. Even if they don't keep you, they can prescribe something to help ease withdrawals. As for work, I would arrange at least a week off at least or, if you have to, resign in order to help your chances of recovery.
Old 01-20-2017, 10:15 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Please do get medical help to detox. I hope this is your last binge.
Old 01-20-2017, 11:07 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Hi MovingForward,

I agree with everyone else, go to the hospital and get help to safely detox. They can also help you with resources for remaining sober.
Old 01-20-2017, 11:45 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Cmon movingforward, you know you can't keep this up. Please do what's necessary to get sobered up and build yourself a plan or program. Hell, drag yourself into detox or rehab if you have to. The way you explain your current situation sounds excruciatingly painful. Rootin for ya MF.
Old 01-20-2017, 05:42 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hows it going MF?

D
Old 01-20-2017, 05:44 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Administrator

I hope it is over, MF, and you're having a sober day.
Old 01-20-2017, 06:14 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Hi MovingForward.

That's almost exactly how I felt the last time I drank. I knew I couldn't continue on much longer the way I was living. I had alcohol in my system all day - and shook or got sick when I tried to slow down. I attempted to make myself presentable & showed up for work - but everyone knew I was wrecked. I can't believe I humiliated myself like that - but I got free. You can too. Please be kind to yourself & do as the others suggested - seek help with detox from a doctor. Let us know how you're doing. We care.
Old 01-20-2017, 06:41 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

You can do this MF... get some help we are here for u.
Old 01-20-2017, 06:44 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by MovingForward1 View Post
I don't know what I'm doing. I've been drinking, nonstop for days. I made it into work for a few hours the other day, managed to shower, brush my teeth, but I was drunk, the whole time.

I can't go today, I know I can't drive, let alone look ok for work. I barely make it an hour and start getting sick, but I'm sick while drinking, it's over. One way or another.
That was me in December, word for word. Enough was enough on January 1.

I hope you can get sober and never experience that again! Lots of support here if you need it.

ABW1
Old 01-20-2017, 07:02 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

How are you doing tonight Moving Forward?
Old 01-22-2017, 05:57 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

I just stopped yesterday. The withdrawals just progressively get worse yet I can't string together more than a few days and when I do pick up again I don't stop for days. Thanks for the support.
Old 01-22-2017, 07:58 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

I just stopped yesterday. The withdrawals just progressively get worse yet I can't string together more than a few days and when I do pick up again I don't stop for days. Thanks for the support.
Don't pick up again?
Old 01-22-2017, 09:37 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

going back through some of your threads, it seems this is the same as when you first came here, moving. you've had quite a few suggestions on how to stop the insanity, the one suggestion used quite often is medical help and/or rehab/detox. you seem to have said quite often "no" to that suggestion, giving quite a few excuses not to or rationalized why it isn't feesible. yet its been the same thing over and over.
insanity_ doing the same thing over and over expecting the results to be different.

moving, you don't have to exist like this. you don't deserve it either. you CAN get and stay sober, but youre going to have to make a decision- a decision that you want sobriety and are willing to get into action. a decision to get help.
the follow up that decision with action.

do you want to stop drinking for good?
Old 01-22-2017, 01:11 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Hi MovingForward1, i expect the reason you pick up after a few days is the same reason we all struggle to, namely the addiction. It is worth spending a bit of time planning things to do and things to occupy your mind at that point so that you spend less time battling the cravings

You can do it!
Old 01-22-2017, 02:15 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  
Administrator

What are you willing to do now to change things MF?

D