Over and Over

Old 01-19-2017, 08:37 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Lightbulb Over and Over

Over and over
by Ralph Marston

The actions, thoughts and words that become a permanent part of you are the ones you choose to repeat over and over again. Doing something once will certainly bring some kind of result, and doing it repeatedly will multiply its power many times over.

You cannot lift a thousand pounds all at once. Yet you can lift one pound a thousand times.

In the repetition of your thoughts and actions, there is great power. Choose to make complete and purposeful use of that power.

Add immense leverage to what you do by doing it again and again. Give great strength to your actions by persistently repeating them.

Nothing of value is ever accomplished in an instant. No skill is ever fully developed in a single day.

Take the time to make the effort over and over again. That time and those efforts will bring great rewards.

© 2009 Ralph S. Marston, Jr.
From The Daily Motivator website at The Daily Motivator - Over and over
Old 01-19-2017, 08:43 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

I brought this reading here today because it reminded me of how and why recovery, OUR recovery works.

When I was enmeshed in my son's addiction and the life that went with it, I taught myself to think like an addict, thinking I could keep one step ahead of him and expose all his faults. I thought the thoughts of fear, sadness, manipulation and hopelessness and lived the results of those thoughts every day.

It was only when I was exhausted and defeated that I took a chance and reached out for help, here and at meetings, and once I made that change..."I" began to change. My thoughts changed and with that, my actions changed.

Slowly, a little at a time, I taught myself a new way to think and live...and that has made all the difference.

We can and do survive anything life throws at us, when we live the thoughts and actions of survival and discard all remnants of "victim".

You cannot lift a thousand pounds all at once. Yet you can lift one pound a thousand times.
One thought, one brave day, and your life can change forever. One day at a time you can find joy and beauty in every single day...I promise you that because I have seen it happen.

Just a thought to begin the process today, ponder this a while and see if you don't feel just a little empowered.

Hugs
Old 01-19-2017, 08:44 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Applicable to us all here at SR. I'm trying to focus on intentionality. Specifically, intentionally handing over my life, emotions, choices, and future to my higher power every day. The repeated action has to be intentional, every day, and then the power grows. Thank you for sharing!
Old 01-19-2017, 09:48 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
under new management

This was very timely for me.

Thank you, Ann
Old 01-19-2017, 09:55 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Magsie

Thanks Ann, lovely words.
Old 01-19-2017, 11:53 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Originally Posted by hope778 View Post
Applicable to us all here at SR. I'm trying to focus on intentionality. Specifically, intentionally handing over my life, emotions, choices, and future to my higher power every day. The repeated action has to be intentional, every day, and then the power grows. Thank you for sharing!
I like that word "intentionality". It requires focus and making a plan for ourselves and by the intention alone becomes an action that moves us forward.

Negative thoughts drag us down but positive thought will light our path to better tomorrows. Thinking positive becomes physical improvement.
Old 01-23-2017, 02:50 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Ann:

The perfect share for me to read and to focus on the message today.