Notices

One week - seven days - 168 hours

Old 01-17-2017, 10:55 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

One week - seven days - 168 hours

I'm not actually counting the hours, but when I multiplied 7 by 24 I was slightly surprised that the number wasn't higher for some reason!

Anyway be that as it may I have landed on day seven without mishap. Yesterday ended up being a bit tougher than I expected for some reason, so I went to bed before 10.00 - and why not? All my drinking years - and there are a lot of them, somewhere at the back of my mind I has a weird notion that I would miss out on something if I didn't stay up, go out, do this or that..etc.

Once a week there is a lunch time AA meeting in my small city. Will be there today.

All the very best to anyone who is struggling to get a week under their belt - and to those who have made it and sailed onwards!
Old 01-17-2017, 11:57 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

You seem to be off to a good start again, Mentium. I'm really glad you're back and giving it another go.
Old 01-18-2017, 03:17 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Congratulations on your first week Mentiom!
Old 01-18-2017, 03:49 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

congrats on your week Mentium - may it be the first of many

D
Old 01-18-2017, 05:15 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Mentium View Post
I'm not actually counting the hours, but when I multiplied 7 by 24 I was slightly surprised that the number wasn't higher for some reason!

Anyway be that as it may I have landed on day seven without mishap. Yesterday ended up being a bit tougher than I expected for some reason, so I went to bed before 10.00 - and why not? All my drinking years - and there are a lot of them, somewhere at the back of my mind I has a weird notion that I would miss out on something if I didn't stay up, go out, do this or that..etc.

Once a week there is a lunch time AA meeting in my small city. Will be there today.

All the very best to anyone who is struggling to get a week under their belt - and to those who have made it and sailed onwards!
What I call the Send Myself To Bed Early technique is still one I use at going on eleven months. It was really useful in the beginning!

Good start and do go to the meeting today!
Old 01-18-2017, 06:06 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Congrats on your 168 hours
Old 01-18-2017, 09:51 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Thanks all. I had a busy day what with one thing and another and when I got home at 3.30 this afternoon after running around doing these errands I was exhausted. I felt slightly alarmed as I seemed a bit more tired than I 'should be' I felt. Started wondering about health issues etc..

Well of course it is only seven days and a nap for an hour seems to have sorted it out!

Went to an AA meeting at lunch time and 'shared' for the first time since I quit, which felt good. A relief to get back into it.