Notices

Any other New Years Day Quitters?

Old 01-16-2017, 05:42 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Any other New Years Day Quitters?

15 days done. Quite an accomplishment for me. Anyone else quit New Years Day? How are you doing?
Old 01-16-2017, 07:33 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

New Year's Day quitter right here (technically New Year's Eve, but all the same)! Still going strong. Had a few brief cravings in the first several days, but nothing over the last week or so. In fact, I made myself so ill toward the end of my drinking that if I even catch a scent of alcohol I get instant nausea. 16 days of sobriety have sharpened all my senses.

The only difficult thing right now is facing the music for all my behavior, and there is more than enough to be accountable for. As an active alcoholic, I would not have handled it well.

I'm just glad to be on the other side of it, and I'm also happy that you are here.

How are you doing?

ABW1
Old 01-16-2017, 08:37 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

15 days here, too. Feeling pretty great about it. A few mild cravings, but nothing seriously tempting. It feels different this time. I feel free, happy and in control. Luckily, my few friends that I did tell have been super supportive.
Wishing you guys the best of luck and strength as we move forward. )
Oops. 16 days. Every day counts, right?

Last edited by Chifan7; 01-16-2017 at 08:45 PM. Reason: Error
Old 01-16-2017, 08:38 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

New Years quitter here as well! Feeling great now but the first week I had a terrible time sleeping....would be wired all night ....got maybe 2-4hours sleep a night if that! Restless, sweaty and grumpy – but I'm starting to get on a schedule and sleeping much better. It's strange now being tired at 11pm....that used to be my witching hour As far as cravings go, my AV is by far loudest during the weekends when I know friends are out partying. I found myself getting really resentful and angry. Thanks to this forum, though, I've gotten some great advice about planning for the weekend at the beginning of the week to ensure I keep busy and avoid temptation, so that's what I'm working on now. I've also lost a few pounds and my skin feels a lot better
It's still a daily struggle, but I'm feeling more positive and determined with each sober day that passes!

whatcouldbe, how are you doing???

ABetterWay1, I totally know what you mean about sharpening your senses. It's amazing how much being drunk/hungover numbs them!

Chifan – I'm so glad your friends have been supportive!

Old 01-16-2017, 08:38 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
AA Member

great job on 15 days

Old 01-16-2017, 09:25 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Probably a fair few on the January thread... http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...-part-2-a.html
Old 01-16-2017, 09:34 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Great job to all of you for starting off 2017 sober!! New Years Day 2016 was my final Day One. Waking up on New Years Day 2017 was incredible, the sense of accomplishment I felt hitting one year sobriety was one of my proudest moments. That says a lot since I am a mom of 3, and fairly successful at work.

Can't wait to see each of you make that one year post. Keep up the great work!!

❤️Delilah
Old 01-16-2017, 10:17 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Raising hand. 15 days today. I didn't plan to quit New Years day, but after a three day binge my body was screaming for mercy. This time I embraced it. Enough was enough. I made my big plan, I will never drink again.

Awesome to connect with fellow New Year's sobriety SR'ers. How great will it be to bump this post back up on January 1, 2018?!? Let's do this!!!
Old 01-17-2017, 10:35 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Day 15 is fantastic everyone!! Keep pushing through!!
Old 01-17-2017, 10:41 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

I stopped on 2nd. So day 16 today for me I've been eatting alot of candy and other stuff..but feeling alot better..energy is coming back😆
Old 01-17-2017, 10:42 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ABetterWay1 View Post
New Year's Day quitter right here (technically New Year's Eve, but all the same)! Still going strong. Had a few brief cravings in the first several days, but nothing over the last week or so. In fact, I made myself so ill toward the end of my drinking that if I even catch a scent of alcohol I get instant nausea. 16 days of sobriety have sharpened all my senses.

The only difficult thing right now is facing the music for all my behavior, and there is more than enough to be accountable for. As an active alcoholic, I would not have handled it well.

I'm just glad to be on the other side of it, and I'm also happy that you are here.

How are you doing?

ABW1
I am doing well, some stressful situations came my way in the past week but i experienced them instead of blocking them out. That will take getting use to but so much more productive. Last couple days been fighting the flu so it makes it easier. Nice job!
Old 01-17-2017, 10:44 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Chifan7 View Post
15 days here, too. Feeling pretty great about it. A few mild cravings, but nothing seriously tempting. It feels different this time. I feel free, happy and in control. Luckily, my few friends that I did tell have been super supportive.
Wishing you guys the best of luck and strength as we move forward. )
Oops. 16 days. Every day counts, right?
I feel it is differant this time as well. I have more conviction in my tone i think. Whatever it takes! Nice job!
Old 01-17-2017, 11:06 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Ina123 View Post
New Years quitter here as well! Feeling great now but the first week I had a terrible time sleeping....would be wired all night ....got maybe 2-4hours sleep a night if that! Restless, sweaty and grumpy – but I'm starting to get on a schedule and sleeping much better. It's strange now being tired at 11pm....that used to be my witching hour As far as cravings go, my AV is by far loudest during the weekends when I know friends are out partying. I found myself getting really resentful and angry. Thanks to this forum, though, I've gotten some great advice about planning for the weekend at the beginning of the week to ensure I keep busy and avoid temptation, so that's what I'm working on now. I've also lost a few pounds and my skin feels a lot better
It's still a daily struggle, but I'm feeling more positive and determined with each sober day that passes!

whatcouldbe, how are you doing???

ABetterWay1, I totally know what you mean about sharpening your senses. It's amazing how much being drunk/hungover numbs them!

Chifan – I'm so glad your friends have been supportive!

I wish i could lose some weight- thats a nice perk! I packed on the beer belly for sure. I really agree to keep busy. My weekend schedule fills up as soon as i can. If i am tired by 730 i go to bed. I find when i am bored my av kicks in with some ideas....
Old 01-17-2017, 03:03 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
Administrator

Congrats to all you guys

D
Old 01-17-2017, 04:08 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by AlaskaGirl View Post
How great will it be to bump this post back up on January 1, 2018?!?
I'm so with you on that!

ABW1
Old 01-17-2017, 05:01 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ABetterWay1 View Post
I'm so with you on that!

ABW1
Me too!!
Old 01-17-2017, 05:49 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

New years quitter here. I think that makes it 17 days right?

I had a good time getting canned on new years night, knowing that was it.

Things are moving slowly. I feel a lot better when it comes to energy. But the cravings are still around. AV hard.

Anyways, always nice to read other peoples post going through the same thing. Keep sharing.
Old 01-17-2017, 08:54 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by WhiskeyBent View Post
New years quitter here. I think that makes it 17 days right?

I had a good time getting canned on new years night, knowing that was it.

Things are moving slowly. I feel a lot better when it comes to energy. But the cravings are still around. AV hard.

Anyways, always nice to read other peoples post going through the same thing. Keep sharing.
Nice work, we all know how tough it is but feels better every day. Love waking up without a hangover and regrets....
Old 01-18-2017, 03:29 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  

I quit on 12/29 and had my first sober New Year's Eve and hangover free New Year's Day in decades! The days leading up to my quit day were some of the worst of my life...it was definitely time to quit or curl up and die.

Here's to a sober 2017!!
Old 01-18-2017, 04:12 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Munchkin94 View Post
I quit on 12/29 and had my first sober New Year's Eve and hangover free New Year's Day in decades! The days leading up to my quit day were some of the worst of my life...it was definitely time to quit or curl up and die.

Here's to a sober 2017!!
Nice job!!!