needing help

Old 01-13-2017, 12:17 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

needing help

Florida law does not agree with sole custody. Needing help to win court against an alcoholic spouse.
Pictures, videos, receipts, texts, are not enough.
Old 01-13-2017, 12:48 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hi, sadfamily. You've posted in a forum that is tied to the "chat" feature, but this isn't a chat area.

You can access Chat by clicking on "Chat Room" in the menu bar at the top of the page.

I don't have any experience with legal custody issues, but there is also a "Friends and Family of Alcoholics" forum section where there are many stories like yours and a lot of support. I hope you can find some support and answers to your questions there.

Here is a link to that area. Welcome to the site.

Friends and Family of Alcoholics - SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information
Old 01-13-2017, 02:08 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi and welcome sadfamily
Have you consulted a lawyer yet?

D
Old 01-13-2017, 02:37 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Hi sadfamily

I am so sorry you are going through this. I am in a situation with child custody in a different state. The family courts do not protect your children so often, that is for sure.

Do you have an attorney? That would be first. If you cannot afford one, have you tried getting assistance? Do you work, does your work have an Employee Assistance Program? I just used mine for the fist time today to access counseling, and I was shocked at all the things they can help you with.

I am sorry I am unfamiliar with Florida. There is a Facebook Group called One Mom's Battle that is great and likely has some resources and support for you.

I hope we can support you here emotionally as you will definitely need that, and the wonderful folks here at SR are pros at that!
Old 01-13-2017, 02:57 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Hi Sadfamily - I am in Texas and just starting this process. Texas doesn't like sole custody either, but you can request shared (can't remember the legal word) where the two parents have to discuss all the important decisions (education, medical, etc) but one parent has the decision making rights. That's what I'm going to try. This also keeps the non-primary parent from feeling like they don't have a say - - but in a way, they don't.