Notices

Struggling

Old 01-09-2017, 12:29 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
The hoop you have to jump through is a lot wider than you think!

Struggling

No matter the road, serenity will come as long as there is a willingness to take action. The issue with alcoholic thinking is marked control. We still feel as if we can control and manipulate people, places and things. I have noticed a common problem. That is not following an established guideline. When you are newly sober I recommend listening to one person whom you admire. Be it on here or in a program.

Not that aa is the key, it does hold rigid solutions. One of which is completely surrendering to a higher power.

Anything can be a higher power. If failure is a problem for you, take a look at what situation, people, places, confusion, lack of commitment, fear, anger, resentments, remorse, that you were thinking about when you finally caved in.

Follow directions from one that has the solution. No opinion shopping. Right or wrong in your opinion isn't important. Successful recovery comes from learning how to communicate. Reading threads is very good. It means you are almost willing to move forward. Once again, I have noticed that all of the relapse or frustration include old what could become OLD behavior.