Notices

living in a fish bowl while in recovery....

Old 01-08-2017, 07:34 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

living in a fish bowl while in recovery....

So this is it....my living situation is not good,just before my journey I moved with my significant other and her family plus some. Into a new house. Only today I found a name for our living circumstances our /her bedroom was disingned to be the dinning room,we because of space limitations use it as a bedroom now its right off the living room on one side and the kitchen on the other.The kitchen entrance has a door that opens and close while we divided the living room with a curtain and a big floor model TV,oh and the house refrigerator is in our room because it to big to get into the kitchen. So my ladies also prefers to entertaine all family and friends so it also the living room. So I basically have no privacy at all and no space to call my own.my girl is OK with it as all the company and family is hers, so I feel likeoa third wheel most of the time.So this is a problem for me in a lot of areas and most important to my girl is the lack of intimacy/affection I show her..so we argue about this always and she feels that I don't feel the same way about her for other reasons... NOT!!!!!. I am very uncomfortable with it feeling like our/her private space is not private. Family,friends ,people sit on our/her bed and during the holidays we brought a futon in the room for guest and has made it worst.so today during a heated argument between her and her adult daughter about being so loud in the room while she was trying to catch a nap. It came to me.....I/her room is a fish bowl..no privacy even with the kitchen entrance door close we still only have a curtain between us an the folks who are not in our room in the living room...just saying...I DID NOT DRINK TODAY....
Old 01-08-2017, 07:39 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

I'm glad you didn't drink.
Old 01-08-2017, 08:40 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by jeffrey542016 View Post
So this is it....my living situation is not good,just before my journey I moved with my significant other and her family plus some. Into a new house. Only today I found a name for our living circumstances our /her bedroom was disingned to be the dinning room,we because of space limitations use it as a bedroom now its right off the living room on one side and the kitchen on the other.The kitchen entrance has a door that opens and close while we divided the living room with a curtain and a big floor model TV,oh and the house refrigerator is in our room because it to big to get into the kitchen. So my ladies also prefers to entertaine all family and friends so it also the living room. So I basically have no privacy at all and no space to call my own.my girl is OK with it as all the company and family is hers, so I feel likeoa third wheel most of the time.So this is a problem for me in a lot of areas and most important to my girl is the lack of intimacy/affection I show her..so we argue about this always and she feels that I don't feel the same way about her for other reasons... NOT!!!!!. I am very uncomfortable with it feeling like our/her private space is not private. Family,friends ,people sit on our/her bed and during the holidays we brought a futon in the room for guest and has made it worst.so today during a heated argument between her and her adult daughter about being so loud in the room while she was trying to catch a nap. It came to me.....I/her room is a fish bowl..no privacy even with the kitchen entrance door close we still only have a curtain between us an the folks who are not in our room in the living room...just saying...I DID NOT DRINK TODAY....
Jeff
That's a tough situation to stay sober in. Is your girlfriend supporting your sobriety?
Old 01-08-2017, 08:52 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by SWTPEA61 View Post
Jeff
That's a tough situation to stay sober in. Is your girlfriend supporting your sobriety?
yes she does support my sobriety,but that's another post for another time

Last edited by jeffrey542016; 01-08-2017 at 08:54 PM. Reason: Another post to come
Old 01-09-2017, 04:45 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

living in a fish bowl while in recovery....2

So yesterday I wrote this post regarding the name I've given to my living situation..the question was asked. "Does she support my recovery". And I answer yes but she has her own addiction /hustling habits. So she has a lot of medical issues that require a lot of medications,some controlled substance that she sells to so called friends/addict. Now her justification is due to my unemployment it's necessary to compensate for the bills to cover my part of our expenses..So yes I'm looking for employment and yes she says that it won't be necessary for this to contiue once I find employment. But I don't believe that an i am shore she is addicted to these meds and the excitement/hustle that comes along with it,Just sayin to be continued.... I DID NOT DRINK TODAY
Old 01-09-2017, 05:47 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
waking down

Only time will tell, no?
Old 01-09-2017, 02:42 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Administrator

Are you stuck in this situation Jeffrey or could you find your own place?

D
Old 01-09-2017, 02:42 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Administrator

I merged your two threads Jeffrey. It wasn't what I meant to do, lol - but I don't think it does any harm

D
Old 01-09-2017, 02:49 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
I merged your two thread Jeffrey. It wasn't what I meant to do, lol but I don;t think it does any harm

D
Very stuck
Old 01-09-2017, 02:50 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Administrator

Have you tried explaining how you feel to your partner?

D