Notices

Agnostic, Atheist AA in Scotland?

Old 01-02-2017, 09:39 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Agnostic, Atheist AA in Scotland?

Having attended AA for a number of years and trying my best throughout to believe as others appear to be in the rooms, I can't deny myself anymore and need to express my agnostic, atheist and freethinking to continue on my journey. I'm not intending to leave AA as it's my lifeline and I've got almost 3 years of quality sobriety under my belt now. I do enjoy many aspects of AA but can't stomach much more of the higher power talk. Are there are similar thinkers from Scotland on this forum or anyone aware if any secular AA meetings in Scotland?
Old 01-02-2017, 09:56 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

"Atheism is about belief, or specifically what you don't believe. Agnosticism is about knowledge, or specifically about what you don't know. An atheist doesn't believe in any gods. An agnostic doesn't know if any gods exist or not."

Hi there
The two thoughts are very different. The chapter to the Agnostic is obviously attempting to convince those that don't deny the existence of God to believe differently. Notice there is no chapter to the Atheists

I know in my small, very Christian town there are 2 meetings for Atheists. I would think there are some in Scotland. Just google your specific area and check it out.
Old 09-27-2017, 04:26 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Ive PM'd you
Old 10-16-2017, 01:45 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

aa agnostica scotland

No agnostic meetings in Scotland yet as far as I know.
Pleased to hear from you.