Notices

Checking in guys

Old 01-02-2017, 01:05 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Lnx

Checking in guys

Hi just checking in 5 days sober liking it, but my brother whom I live with who also is an alcoholic said tonight when I got home that he has temporarily lifted the alcohol ban he put on his place 5 days ago now he's outside on the **** playing loud music I'm in the room watching vidio staying safe, told him I'm staying off it, I will move out soon as I can I want to stay sober thanks PEPs :-)
Old 01-02-2017, 01:18 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Good luck on the moving out - 5 days is awesome tho lnx

D
Old 01-02-2017, 01:25 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Lnx

Thanks Dee, its interesting observing another drunks behaviour he put up a big tent today made him happy so now he gets drunk, the same kind of thing I would do any reason for a blow out I need to stay aware blow out with me end up in black outs and problems
Old 01-02-2017, 03:49 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Congratulations on 5 days Lnx!
Old 01-02-2017, 04:55 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

5 days is great! Keep it up
Old 01-02-2017, 08:17 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
EndGame

My sister's husband's brother, in his forties, was rushed to the ICU over the weekend. He has severe pancreatitis, and his glucose level is around 300% above normal levels. When asked about his drinking, his wife, also a heavy drinker, stated that he has two or three drinks a night, and sometimes a little more on the weekend. He was told about a year ago that he has diabetes, and that he would likely die a slow, painful death if he continued drinking. He continued to drink while making some minor changes in his life for a couple weeks. He's mostly unresponsive, being on continuous and heavy doses of morphine. They cannot feed him because doing so would place too much strain on his pancreas. It doesn't look good for him, his wife or their two young children.
Old 01-02-2017, 10:46 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
AA Member

Originally Posted by EndGameNYC View Post
My sister's husband's brother, in his forties, was rushed to the ICU over the weekend. He has severe pancreatitis, and his glucose level is around 300% above normal levels. When asked about his drinking, his wife, also a heavy drinker, stated that he has two or three drinks a night, and sometimes a little more on the weekend. He was told about a year ago that he has diabetes, and that he would likely die a slow, painful death if he continued drinking. He continued to drink while making some minor changes in his life for a couple weeks. He's mostly unresponsive, being on continuous and heavy doses of morphine. They cannot feed him because doing so would place too much strain on his pancreas. It doesn't look good for him, his wife or their two young children.

this kind of honest/ serious post helps me the most

Old 01-02-2017, 10:46 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
AA Member

LNX

great job on 5 days
Old 01-02-2017, 11:48 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by EndGameNYC View Post
I'm so sorry EndGame.
Old 01-02-2017, 11:49 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

LNX, keep it up.
Old 01-02-2017, 09:56 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Lnx

Sober rocks stay sober PEPs!!!