A short update

Old 12-29-2016, 07:41 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

A short update

I have not been writing on here for some time, but it is not that I forgot this place. I have so much to say, but cannot find the right words. But in short, when I left my ex, that literally saved my life. Right now, I am going through a phase of numbness, but not in a bad way. When I think about the past, and what I've been through, it makes me numb, but I also started admiring myself for what I've done and the courage that came out of only God knows where.

My feelings have also been transformed, from grieving the marriage, to being happy that I got out of it and that I did not lose more time. Ten years is bad, but it could have been 20.

I have reconnected with my family and I keep reconnecting with old friends. It feels as if I used to be chained, because everything was about my ex, and I became his caretaker and life support, sacrificing everything and everybody for him. And now when I look back, I even have no idea what exactly I saw in him. And why?

I like being single more and more, each and every day. I have no desire to date and look actively for a partner, but I also started feeling that if I meet a handsome hunk today, I will not exactly run away screaming. So that part of me is not dead yet, and I am happy that the ex has not destroyed that part of me completely. I am still able to love (or to be more precise, to be attracted by men). And my greatest dilemma at the moment is what kind of sofa to get. Do I want a sofa, or do I want a reclining sofa, or perhaps a sectional? And then the question, what color to get?

I enjoy being bothered by such trivial things, such normal little things. I feel like I am part of the world again. And I can breathe again.
Old 12-29-2016, 08:54 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Welcome back to the world HA.
Old 12-30-2016, 03:10 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Wow! You are truly Healthy Again! Great update!
Old 12-30-2016, 03:43 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

A Chesterfield. Leather, dark brown for me. Definitely a Chesterfield.
Old 12-30-2016, 05:24 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Bravo.

Old 12-30-2016, 05:25 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Welcome back girl!!!!

My advise.. Take some time for yourself before getting back into the dating scene..
Old 12-30-2016, 05:26 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

healthyagain...you are living proof that it can be done!! Even when one is scared of the future,,,,,,,

thank you for this post!
Old 12-30-2016, 05:59 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
A work in progress

Great update--glad to hear things are progressing. It gets better!
Old 12-30-2016, 06:04 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Wonderful post.

Life is good.

Roll Tide.
Old 12-30-2016, 06:09 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by healthyagain View Post
And my greatest dilemma at the moment is what kind of sofa to get. Do I want a sofa, or do I want a reclining sofa, or perhaps a sectional? And then the question, what color to get?
What a great thing to have this be your greatest dilemma. I bet not a long time ago you would scoff at people who truly only had this to "worry" about. I know I have! What a wonderful update, healthyagain.
Old 12-30-2016, 06:10 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

I can relate to alot of what you said. I like your perspective on the 10 yrs versus 20. I lost 10 yrs too. I still feel a little jipped and bitter about that but it is fading. Sounds like you are finding peace and solace. Good work! 2017 is going to be awesome!
Old 12-30-2016, 09:29 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

This is such a great update. I'm glad you are walking a little lighter - happy, HAPPY days ahead for you!
Old 12-30-2016, 09:49 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Lilro View Post
Welcome back girl!!!!

My advise.. Take some time for yourself before getting back into the dating scene..

Oh, that will wait. Advice taken. I've been single officially since September 2015. During that time, I paid 50% of my debt, my car loan, moved to a bigger place, started buying furniture, and am thinking of getting a new vehicle. A year ago, I did not have a bed, and I was sleeping on a leased sofa with my dog. I am just wondering, if I did all this in only a year, how far am I going to go in 2017? I am only making female friends at the moment. I do have TV boyfriends and husbands. I have to rediscover what do I find attractive, and I do believe that TV characters are rather safe.
Old 12-30-2016, 09:53 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

I love this. And I love that its plural, lol.

Originally Posted by healthyagain View Post
I do have TV boyfriends and husbands.
Old 12-30-2016, 10:04 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

healthy, what a great update! Thanks for taking the time and effort to post this. Love the good news!