Notices

Day 3

Old 12-28-2016, 01:33 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day 3

Anxiety, 'butterflies'/irritated stomach (which might be just anxiety, I dunno), severe irritation and general low mood. I had a row with my partner last time we drank and it's still hanging in the air, plus we had another small row about new year's Eve - I don't want to go out for obvious reasons, she says I'm being boring. This is after she said she didn't want to go out in the first place! We're meant to be gonna her families and there's no chance in hell I'll be able to not drink. I feel like I'm getting no support whatsoever and she's being difficult on purpose because of the previous argument. I feel like saying f#&k you and walking out!

Sorry for the rant, I'm stressed.
Old 12-28-2016, 01:38 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Do your best

Good job on day 3 Jimmy vent away get it off your chest here
Old 12-28-2016, 01:39 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Well, if it's her family anyway, could she go alone? Maybe you could drive her there and collect her if you're well enough.... after all, there are some pretty nasty tummy bugs going round at the moment, and you do look a bit peaky Jim!

Old 12-28-2016, 01:43 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Thanks Soberworlf, I feel like I'm not being listened to and no one is noticing the fact I'm really not having fun anymore. But why should they, after all no one is putting a gun to my head.
Old 12-28-2016, 01:45 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Berrybean View Post
Well, if it's her family anyway, could she go alone? Maybe you could drive her there and collect her if you're well enough.... after all, there are some pretty nasty tummy bugs going round at the moment, and you do look a bit peaky Jim!

Right now, that wouldn't be far from the truth anyway. I feel atrocious! But yeah, it has crossed my mind.
Old 12-28-2016, 01:47 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

All anybody thinks about is drinking. It's ridiculous.
Old 12-28-2016, 02:08 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Yes. But that's just the way it is. We can't change anyone else. Just our reactions. If you don't want to go then don't, but try to make the whole process as drama free as possible. Honestly, rows really don't do us any favours in sobriety. Acceptance really is like a magic key. It's hard at first, but once we get the hang of it then we can mentally turn most situations around emotionally.
Old 12-28-2016, 05:56 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Well instead of ranting and arguing, I've explained myself and we've both agreed on me not going. I think once she calmed down its dawned on her that there's a problem that goes further than me just behaving like an *******.
Old 12-28-2016, 10:40 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Do your best

I wouldn't go Jimmy if that helps if there alcohol for me it's a no no
Old 12-29-2016, 11:58 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

I'm not going Soberworlf, no chance.
Old 12-29-2016, 12:07 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Do your best

Good job
Old 12-29-2016, 12:19 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

I'm glad you and your wife talked it out calmly, and that she's starting to understand what you're trying to do .
Old 12-29-2016, 12:26 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

I'm glad you've decided not to go. Physically you will start to feel better each day. Also, I know when I first stoped drinking I felt like that was all I was thinking about, and that every event evolved around it. As time has passed I have found that to be less true, it wpinvolved me changeinf my thinking and approach to events.

Have you thought NYE through? Maybe plan on a few good movies, some comfort food, a good book. If your partner will be drinking, be prepared you may be annoyed when she gets home, so keep in mind how much better you are going to feel the following morning.
Old 12-29-2016, 12:30 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Hi Delilah, yeah I've thought about NYE a bit. I'll be fine I think on my own; a couple of movies, and food! I'm gonna cook something nice - curry maybe and get some soft drink and ice.

I really don't mind having to do NYE on my own; it makes me sad wherever I am anyway. I don't know why, it always has done. There's nothing worse than feeling alone in a crowd, I'd rather be alone alone
Old 12-29-2016, 03:08 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Day 3 is fantastic Jimmy!! Keep it going!!