An overdue thank you to my support team: YOU

Old 12-22-2016, 02:15 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

An overdue thank you to my support team: YOU

Six years I stumbled onto this forum, broken, desperate to find some respite from the hell of living with our 21 year old son, addicted to drugs and alcohol. He had just gone into rehab, but wasn't a happy camper. Thanks to all of you and your posts and replies, I was able to tell him firmly that I wouldn't be having a front row any more to his self-destruction. Because he had nowhere else to turn, he stayed in the program for 14 months, then their re-entry program, then joined their staff, where he's paying it forward. He's great at it because he's been there. He's been married to a wonderful girl for 2 years, and they will welcome a baby next June. I know it's a day at a time, and it's been a long haul, but you need to know that there are victories! And you need to know how important your encouragement is to all of us. God bless you!
Old 12-22-2016, 06:32 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

What a lovely story and I am so proud of you and your son both.

I worked at a rehab for a couple of years before we moved to our last place, and most of the staff there were recovering addicts or alcoholics, working programs and who had been clean for many years, from 10 years to over 25 and the recovery they brought to the job was worth far more than any education they had. Your son will do a great job and being surrounded by support and program will be so very healthy for him.

May you both have a Merry Christmas, and a happy, healthy 2017.
Old 12-22-2016, 08:21 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

Beautiful story, thank you for sharing it. Wishing you all hope and joy in 2017. How cannot is not be joyful with a beautiful new grandchild!
Old 12-22-2016, 08:52 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Thank you for this amazing share. YES there is Hope for our loved ones fighting addiction. I am so thrilled your son found his path early on and HIMSELF!