Notices

Better by the minute

Old 10-08-2004, 03:34 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Better by the minute

Hi everyone

Just a quick post to say that I am into my second month of sobriety. It feels good.! I did have a brief relapse on particularly stressful day. It has caused me nad mhg/f so much hurt.

I have been away for a week with my almost 13yr old son. We have had a brilliant time and I have remained as dry as a bone. 13 yr old boys can be very tiring, but very perceptive too. He knows I have been stressed and has helped me laugh.

Tomorrow is a big day because I fly home and won't see him for a month or so. I am also anxious because my g/f and I haven't been getting on very well because of my previous drinking. I really have brought so much SH1T into our relationship.

However, I have learned a lot and will put every ounce of my energy into remaining strong and rebuilding the relationships with both my son and my g/f. They both mean the world to me.

Both have helped me overcome my addiction and learn to respect myself. Does anyone have good tips for anxiety issues?

Thanks.

Rich
Old 10-08-2004, 03:41 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hi Rich, congratulations on your clean time. Hope all works out with your g/f. Stay humble and pray for forgiveness.
Take care
Diana
Old 10-08-2004, 04:03 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Hi Rich,

First of all congrats on your clean time. As for the anxiety, I find that the serenity prayer helps me. Also, concentrate on your breathing. Take nice relaxed breaths, and think of a beautiful place. Have a safe trip home, and keep in touch.

Sherry
Old 10-08-2004, 04:04 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Thanks Diana

My rear view mirrors are pretty full. However I am looking forward and can definitely see light at the end of the tunnel.

My g/f and I are both attending counselling and whilst it's extremely hard for both of us, there is no question that there are benefits. It's a long road for us, but I have faith, strength and hope.

Rich
Old 10-08-2004, 04:07 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

It sounds like you are moving in the right direction. Just take it one day at a time. Recovery takes work, and it souncs like you and your g/f are seeking help. I wish you well.

Sherry
Old 10-08-2004, 04:23 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Thanks Sherry

Your thoughts are much appreciated.

I believe that I can straighten my life out and in the process, add to my g/f's life. Not scared of hard work.

Stay well.

Rich
Old 10-08-2004, 04:52 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Hi,

I can relate to the anxiety big time. When I had an anxious thought I would take a deep breath until I felt better. Sometimes I would have to breath about 10 times but it worked every single time. Amazing how something so simple worked for me. I hardly have anxiety anymore.