Notices

32 Years of games now ends

Old 12-17-2016, 12:33 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

32 Years of games now ends

It was just yesterday that I gave myself some time to reflect on where I want my life to go. After all we DO have control of our destiny ...right? OK thought so. It was also just yesterday that I REALIZED that since High School Ive abused alcohol. Just like all of you I got stories....
32 YEARS ???? I can think of opportunities Ive "blown" cause I was more interested in the BUZZ after work- the high....wasted.
32 Years????? (sigh).....
Wasted was a daily goal. Yesterday I woke up to realize the term actually refers to Time, life and opportunities.
Today I walk from the drink.
Game OVER.
Old 12-17-2016, 12:40 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by livingnow View Post
Game OVER.
Congratulations.

These are the five magic words:

"I will never drink again."

What do you hear when you say that?

Listen carefully.
Old 12-17-2016, 12:47 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Hi there!

I seen your post and had to leave you a message, this was exactly me 14 days ago, I totally understand how you feel.
I don't post very often, at the moment I prefer to read other people's recovery stories (on a daily basis) it's one of the things that keeps me going. This forum is fantastic for motivation, encouragement and positivity. I have been sober 2 weeks now, it's not been easy but I am taking it one day at a time, and keeping myself busy as much as I can. Im definitely feeling some great effects already, my skin and eyes are clearer and brighter, im more alert, and in the last few days I have slept better than ever!
I also drank 20years of my life away, I wasn't going to give alcohol anymore of my precious life! It's taken too much from me already!
I wish you well in you're recovery, remember one day at a time and if you can keep your self busy amd stay strong!
Bug hugs!x
Old 12-17-2016, 12:48 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by livingnow View Post
It was just yesterday that I gave myself some time to reflect on where I want my life to go. After all we DO have control of our destiny ...right? OK thought so. It was also just yesterday that I REALIZED that since High School Ive abused alcohol. Just like all of you I got stories....
32 YEARS ???? I can think of opportunities Ive "blown" cause I was more interested in the BUZZ after work- the high....wasted.
32 Years????? (sigh).....
Wasted was a daily goal. Yesterday I woke up to realize the term actually refers to Time, life and opportunities.
Game OVER.
NICE. Sounds like your ready.....good for you i know how you feel i came to that conclusion 45 days ago......stay with it my friend you won't be sorry 😊
Old 12-17-2016, 12:50 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

freedom
Old 12-17-2016, 02:53 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I wasted 27 years getting drunk but so what. Their were good times in the early years of my alcoholism; it is just that when alcohol turned into a self medicating habit it was a problem.

I will regret nothing. I had to hit rock bottom to be able to lift myself up and try to live my life better.
Old 12-17-2016, 02:59 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Administrator

That's great livingnow - whats your plan?

D
Old 12-17-2016, 03:08 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

I'm happy you've come to this conclusion, livingnow. I see a lot of myself in your post, too. It has to end at some point, or it will end us.
Old 12-17-2016, 04:00 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Blue Belt

Living,

Welcome.

I drank off and on for about 45 years.

It wasn't a waste at all for me.

Booze helped me cope, be brave, have fun etc...booze helped me until it started to hurt me.

I was very addicted in the end.

I had heavy mental issues that lingered for the better part of a year.

So....this place and google...saved my life as i know it.

Thanks.
Old 12-17-2016, 04:14 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
That bell or bike person

One more time , one more time , 10 years passed as i said that mantra , knowing i should give up but one more time.

This stops now was one of the most powerful things to happen to me , the idea of never drinking again came as a huge relief , never having to get steressed out again over the do i , dont i never ending internal dialouge .

I DONT , NEXT QUESTION .

Bestwishes, m
Old 12-17-2016, 04:57 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

The sooner you stop drinking, the sooner you can start living.
Old 12-17-2016, 06:32 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Good to see your willingness to change. Realization is a big first step. I was blind to the fact that I was an alcoholic for a while. Once I accepted the truth about how I drank and how it affected my life I was able to move forward.
Old 12-17-2016, 08:54 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
EndGame

Originally Posted by Doug39 View Post
I wasted 27 years getting drunk but so what.
Wow.