Notices

5 Fridays

Old 12-16-2016, 10:05 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

5 Fridays

I keep meaning to check in! I really do! But everytime I come to post, something seems to come up. Maybe I didn't really want to post... maybe I felt I had nothing worthwhile to say... maybe one of my kids took a toy from the other and now they were both freaking out... whatever the reason, I felt it important to take the time to log in tonight because today I am 30 days sober!! Yay!! 5 sober Friday nights!! I've hit this milestone many times this past year, but never really felt how I do this time. I am proud of myself! The first few weeks weren't super easy. Thanksgiving, lots of house guests, trips out of town, and a big change were all obstacles I thought I may not pass. The first two weeks, I cried occasionally because I wanted to drink, then something happened and the last few weeks I've found myself crying because I'm so thankful I'm not drinking. That aweful alcohol induced depression has lifted. I can go to the grocery store and not be tempted by the holiday alcoholic beverages all around. I can laugh it off when a family member, (who knows I shouldn't be drinking) offeres me a glass of wine she bought because "it's only 6% alcohol so you'd be fine". Lol Anyway, I know this feeling won't last forever. It was at 60 something days sober the last time I decided I would drink during a vacation, and it wasn't worth it at all. I know the temptation can sneak up on me any minute, and I'm trying to prepare for that. For now though I am really really grateful to be going to bed clear headed and guinuenly happy. 😊😊😊
Old 12-16-2016, 10:06 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Thankyou for your post. Prayers coming your way.
Old 12-16-2016, 10:50 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Do your best

Big congratulations on day 30 sober 5 Saturdays in a row is awesome well done
Old 12-16-2016, 11:41 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm really glad to hear that Pinot - congrats!
Old 12-16-2016, 11:46 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Great news pinot
Old 12-17-2016, 12:18 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Great job on 30 days! Keep it up! It feels good to "feel good"!
Old 12-17-2016, 09:36 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Very nice job. Keep up the great work!
Old 12-17-2016, 09:42 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by PinotNOmore View Post
I keep meaning to check in! I really do! But everytime I come to post, something seems to come up. Maybe I didn't really want to post... maybe I felt I had nothing worthwhile to say... maybe one of my kids took a toy from the other and now they were both freaking out... whatever the reason, I felt it important to take the time to log in tonight because today I am 30 days sober!! Yay!! 5 sober Friday nights!! I've hit this milestone many times this past year, but never really felt how I do this time. I am proud of myself! The first few weeks weren't super easy. Thanksgiving, lots of house guests, trips out of town, and a big change were all obstacles I thought I may not pass. The first two weeks, I cried occasionally because I wanted to drink, then something happened and the last few weeks I've found myself crying because I'm so thankful I'm not drinking. That aweful alcohol induced depression has lifted. I can go to the grocery store and not be tempted by the holiday alcoholic beverages all around. I can laugh it off when a family member, (who knows I shouldn't be drinking) offeres me a glass of wine she bought because "it's only 6% alcohol so you'd be fine". Lol Anyway, I know this feeling won't last forever. It was at 60 something days sober the last time I decided I would drink during a vacation, and it wasn't worth it at all. I know the temptation can sneak up on me any minute, and I'm trying to prepare for that. For now though I am really really grateful to be going to bed clear headed and guinuenly happy. 😊😊😊
Pinotnomore
Thanks for that post .....im 45 days and it truly helps me for you to say it's just not worth it after 60 days sober.
Old 12-17-2016, 11:18 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Thanks for the post Pinot - good to know you are on track in spite of your relatives. I am thankful to be sober, but wary as I know I will be surrounded by drink in the following couple of weeks - just need to keep remembering what happens if I have just one.
I'm running up to 70 days now, and am generally comfortable in my soberness, just need to get into the new situation and I'll be fine. It's just the days running up to it make me nervous.
Old 12-17-2016, 02:41 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by teaorcoffee View Post
Thanks for the post Pinot - good to know you are on track in spite of your relatives. I am thankful to be sober, but wary as I know I will be surrounded by drink in the following couple of weeks - just need to keep remembering what happens if I have just one.
I'm running up to 70 days now, and am generally comfortable in my soberness, just need to get into the new situation and I'll be fine. It's just the days running up to it make me nervous.
It was at 69 days exactly that I made the choice to drink back in the Fall. And it took me two weeks of internal battles to reach that decision! And then I held it together so amazingly well on vacation, that I kept going when I got home.

Thank you all for your kind words!! It means a lot to know you're here to confide in as I am one of those drinkers, who most people don't know drink in excess. A friend even casually mentioned that she'd never seen me drink. I found that humorous since I've known her for years and one of my main worries for quitting drinking was that my social life would suffer, but I realize now that I quit drinking socially years ago because of the fear of embarrassment or loss of control! My mind was just making a completely invalid argument. **Face palm** And my social life only suffers when I'm drinking and has been busier then ever the last month! Funny how that works!
Old 12-17-2016, 03:42 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

That's fantastic!