Notices

Need prayers

Old 12-15-2016, 06:48 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Need prayers

I made it through yesterday without drinking. I need prayers today to stay strong. My ex-business partner wiped out all of his business related documents from his company-owned computer before resigning yesterday and I'm getting really angry. Talking with my attorney this morning. I know this isn't a good head space for me to be in. I will not drink today. I went to an AA meeting this morning and was in tears about the situation. Any thoughts about how to get through this in one piece two days out of rehab? I'm beside myself.
Old 12-15-2016, 06:59 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

You sure do have a tough one. You may end up kinda starting over somewhat. Do you know anyone that has a knack for your kind of work to work with or for advise? Whatever you decide I'm sure it will take some time but you are going to be fine, even better than before because you are sober! best wishes and prayers, Tom
Old 12-15-2016, 07:04 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

You are doing all the right things Beanie, and there is always a solution to every problem. Staying sober is the most important thing right now, glad you went to a meeting this AM.

Regarding your work just take things as they come. Many of the documents your ex partner deleted might not even be needed anymore, and the ones that were could still be recovered. There are email records, backups, etc. There are even programs and services that can recover deleted files from hard drives if it comes to that. But don't worry, you'll get through it and you are much better prepared for it sober.
Old 12-15-2016, 08:52 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
AA Member

prayers

great job on demonstrating willingness to get to a meeting

Old 12-15-2016, 09:00 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

You probably already know this but make sure to check the recycle bin for deleted files. Alot of people who wipe out files and folders dont realize they go into that bin.

As far as dealing with the anger/stress and etc....breath, pray, call support people, go to another meeting and then another, make sure to eat, breath some more, deep deep breaths, then get about starting to put things back together. Hopefully in hindsight this all may be a blessing.

Dont pick up, NO MATTER WHAT!
Old 12-15-2016, 10:10 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Prayers, pace
Old 12-15-2016, 11:42 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Prayers being sent. Just don't drink; there is no situation that alcohol won't make a hundred times worse.
Old 12-15-2016, 12:00 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Thanks

Thanks for all of your prayers. I'm almost through this day. Took a shower, laid down and prayed. A peace came over me and I realized that I need to trust my higher power to guide me through this time, one day at a time. This is new for me to turn something completely over to His will. I guess this AA stuff is rubbing off on me. I am not drinking today.
Old 12-15-2016, 12:21 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm glad you're getting through this, BB.
Old 12-15-2016, 12:36 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Hi BB, I feel bad for your situation. I owned a small business with employees as well and it drove me to drink. It seems the challenges are never ending.

This may not help you in the least but I will share it with you. I took running my business very seriously, even when drinking. I never drank if there was work to do, and when I binged on the weekends, I'd work late into the night on Thursday just to "clear" my weekend. Work was always first, and it was a hard rule. I know your sobriety must come first, but your work can be a close second, and the challenges you are facing are not insurmountable. But they might become insurmountable if you drink, and I think you know that. You must remain well, so you can sort this out. I wish you the best.
Old 12-15-2016, 12:59 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Thanks, Thomas11 and Anna. Thomas - yes, I definitely know that drinking is not an option and will lead to way worse issues. I wish I had realized this many years ago but I'm glad that I now have the experience at rehab to give me the tools to handle what life throws at me. This is definitely a baptism by fire! I will work through it without drinking and know that God will steer me in the right direction as I pick up running my business solo, but in the right way. I really appreciate your feedback. It's hard for people who haven't owned small businesses to get the pressure - but drinking is the worst solution. Glad meditating even for a short bit helped me, with prayer.
Old 12-15-2016, 09:32 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Prayers!!!

You are in my thoughts and prayers!
Old 12-15-2016, 09:36 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Prayers, BB, you can do this!
Old 12-15-2016, 10:02 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
Administrator

Really glad you're getting through this Beanie - inspiring!

D