Notices

Please Need HElp in Texas

Old 12-14-2016, 04:02 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Please Need HElp in Texas

Hello I am a 42 year old single mom in Texas... Almost 2 years ago i owned my own business... As an interior designer / faux painter.* Today i am pretty much homeless, losing my 8 year old daughter, and with zero...It all started with me being attacked online by fake Facebook accounts and being stalked... I moved away to the place I grew up (very small town) to find HOME or what I remembered as home to feel safe. I have zero family left ... They have all passed away Life hit hard causing depression which led to me doing drugs .. To more depression and it just doesnt stop.* Forlast 2 months i have begged for help getting clean . *and i feel lost noone can help i dont have money for rehab and scared ... I stay in tears ... Please if you can help. * *Anything toget me in a good rehab and help me keep my daughter ....*I do have a strong faith in God .. but right now I a, questioning this world ... Women like me plead for help and friends tell me they dont have time to help ... that I need to go to a state fnded center ... which I have been turned down because I dont have insurance or cash .. or they have a waiting list a mile long .... Please if there is ayone that can help me ... Please I beg ...
Old 12-14-2016, 04:50 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Are you all right physically now? If not can you get to a hospital? Pretty sure they legally have to treat you in the short term and maybe they can help you sort something out.

I know this isn't a rehab but this place can offer you a lot of hope and support and advice on staying clean and sober.

Lots of people have been where you are and came out on the other side. I do believe you can get through this step-by-step and find your way to a much, much better place, with your daughter.

Sending you hugs and strength. Hope you stick around.
Old 12-14-2016, 05:02 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi and Welcome!

Why not try Narcotics Anonymous in your area? It's free and you'd get lots of support from people who understand.

And the Salvation Army offers free rehab for men and women who want it. Here is the link:

http://www.salvationarmyusa.org/usn/...rehabilitation

Try to not depend on waiting for other people to help you get sober. Take action. You can do this. And, keep reading and posting here for information and support. Have faith you can turn this around.
Old 12-14-2016, 05:29 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I don't know if this helps, but are there any community-bases medical clinics in your area....? I "get" the depression angle. You probably need to be seen and have your depression addressed by a Dr. I don't now about Texas, but where I live there are clinics that will treat those in need of medical attention based on sliding scale income (ability to pay)....I can certainly also understand how depression can lead to drug use/abuse. I happen to believe that so many folks "self-medicate". I know some people disagree with that concept, but I think it is a serious thing. My husband disagrees with it, and we've argued about it, but I think it is a very real thing....and I also feel the drug use leads to more depression...it is hard; it's tough and my thoughts/prayers are reaching out to you right now. I also have a strong faith in the Lord, even though I have days where that is really tested...I will pray for you RIGHT NOW that He will send His mighty Angels to your aid. Please hang in there and don't give up. The fight for your dear precious daughter is worth fighting for, but you don't need me to tell you that...I know you know that...as mothers we know there is this cord that still attaches us to our kids even though they cut the cord so many years ago. Just remember that even though you have no family left, you have the most AWESOME spiritual family there could possibly be and there is no power on earth that can take that away. I hope this helps. I care a great deal....
Old 12-14-2016, 06:34 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

My post seems to have mysteriously disappeared. Once again, for immediate/emergency help - http://www.needhelppayingbills.com/h..._programs.html
Old 12-14-2016, 06:49 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi txinneed

There are a lot of free or low cost clinics around - if there's one in your local area you might get some medical advice there?

Free/Low-Cost/Sliding Scale Clinics | NeedyMeds
The 10377 clinics in this database are free, low cost, low cost with a sliding scale based on income, or offer some type of financial assistance.
2-1-1.org

2-1-1 provides free and confidential information and referral. Call 2-1-1 for help with food, housing, employment, health care, counseling and more. Learn more about your local 2-1-1 by looking it up here.
There is also the National Database of US treatment facilities. If you input your general location you can find whats around in terms of rehab in your area, and get in touch using their contact details:

https://findtreatment.samhsa.gov/

I hope you find someone to help, and pf course we're always here for you

D
Old 12-15-2016, 04:31 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
The truth shall set you free

Link to NA meetings in Texas

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=...lLxYr59V8ka8Lw

Link to free rehabs in Texas

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=...jTAA5FxHlUo02A

I highly suggest calling the 1- 800-number on top

I wish you well
TB
Old 12-28-2016, 11:07 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

how are you doing? Check in with us please. NA is free. If you call the hotline they will have people call you and can give you a ride to meetings. IT saved my butt several times. I would sit in meetings daily. They can help you, no money is needed.
Old 12-28-2016, 11:42 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Go to the hospital. No hospital in this country can turn someone away who needs immediate medical attention. Many hospitals have social workers who can oversee your care. I have a friend who lost everything, no insurance, nothing. A social worker came to see her in the ER, set her up in a nursing home (she was almost dead when she came in) and then from there, arranged for her to get to a sober living facility (even arranging a cab service to take her there). Don't lose hope!

Praying for you!