Notices

Day 15

Old 12-11-2016, 08:35 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day 15

I've feeling pretty great these last few days and I just wanted to share a few things that I've noticed.

I've been a pretty heavy drinker for the last seven years. I'd binge every weekend and usually once or twice during the week. This is by far the longest I've gone without drinking since '09.

The first week was much harder than the second. The first week my AV was fairly constant. I'd say it's been almost halved the second week. I don't know that I had a physical alcohol addiction as I've had zero withdraw symptoms but it's been hard breaking the habit.

Drinking has basically been my hobby and my way of stress relief. I've been trying to come up with ways to fill the time that was spent drinking. I'm kind of angry with myself for wasting so many hours watching TV and drinking myself into a stooper. I'm looking into hobbies and other projects to keep myself productive, which is turning into a project itself.

I can't say that I've noticed any huge changes but I have noticed a few things. I feel a bit more energy/motivation, I think I'm thinking a little clearer, and I've definitely lost a little bit of body fat. Seeing as its only been two weeks I expect this to keep improving for awhile.

I initially set out to do 30 days sober and see how I felt afterwards and assumed I'd probably go back to moderate drinking. I'm now becoming conflicted. I can't say I'm looking forward to drinking again but I still can't see my life alcohol free. I'm halfway there so I'm just going to keep on trucking and see what happens. I think a lot of it will depend on what I can get done this week.

I can't explain how nice it's been not spending my Sundays moping around nursing a hangover.
Old 12-11-2016, 08:41 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Congrats Carlfardman
D
Old 12-11-2016, 08:57 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Great job, hope you decide to stick with sobriety after the 30 days.
Old 12-12-2016, 01:21 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Do your best

Great job well done
Old 12-12-2016, 01:42 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Keep reading the threads and posting.
Old 12-12-2016, 03:20 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Congratulations on 15 days!

The moderate drinking never worked for me though. One drink and I was back where I was in a matter of days- several times. I hope you can stick with it for 30 and then who knows even 31 days.
Old 12-12-2016, 04:06 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Great job! Yeah no need to look too far into the future right now, you can make a desicion about staying sober once you get there ya know. So much changes happen in those first few weeks, who knows 2 weeks down the road you may be totally clear on what you want.

I wasnt really sure what I was going to do when I stopped just knew I needed to take a break for a while from the booze. Now almost 5 months into this sober thing, I wouldnt go back for a million or a zillion dollars! I LOVE the way I feel and the life I have now.
Old 12-12-2016, 04:24 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Congrats on 15 days, great job!