Notices

sober date while on suboxone

Old 12-10-2016, 06:52 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

sober date while on suboxone

Should I start counting my clean days while I'm on suboxone or wait til I'm off? I hate thinking that I haven't even started making progress yet, because I have. I'm already further from where I started. I haven't used any other opiates while on suboxone. I don't feel high on it, I just feel like I did before my addiction. So I'm just curious if other people on suboxone start their sober dates?
Old 12-12-2016, 01:25 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I say go ahead and count your days since your last opiate if it is helpful for you. I did. Keep making positive changes and moving forward. If your plan is to eventually get off the sub you can reevaluate your sobriety date then if you want to (which I also did). Counting days is great, but it is the actual changes that are taking place that are most important (IMHO). Congrats!
Old 12-12-2016, 01:42 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Marcus View Post
I say go ahead and count your days since your last opiate if it is helpful for you. I did. Keep making positive changes and moving forward. If your plan is to eventually get off the sub you can reevaluate your sobriety date then if you want to (which I also did). Counting days is great, but it is the actual changes that are taking place that are most important (IMHO). Congrats!
Thank you. That's what I decided last night as I thought more about it. My plan is to get off sub eventually, but for now it's helping me alot.

It's still so strange to wake up in the morning and feel normal, to not have to be constantly counting and obsessing about pills. It's been so great to be honest with my husband and family and stop living a lie every day. I feel so much freedom from all of the lies my addiction voice was telling me. I'm so greatful every morning when I wake up that I feel like myself before I went into the spiral of insanity.

If you don't mind, how long were you on sub?
Old 12-12-2016, 01:55 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I was on suboxone for a year and a half before i got off. It is a opiate but i understand the normality of the way you feel compared to using and it is a much better choice then continuing to use and gamble with your life. I checked into detox, then straight to rehab (28days) went to a meeting the day i got out. I will have 6 years clean and sober from all substances on march 1st 2017. My biggest difficulty with suboxone was trying to wean myself down. We are all on the same team and helping anyone get to sobriety helps me as well. It is very different being totally clean then being on subs.

anytime you need to talk feel free to hit me up
Old 12-12-2016, 04:58 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by damascus1986 View Post

anytime you need to talk feel free to hit me up
Thanks! I appreciate that and I will.